Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 hoover high pressure liner.!

Article about: So guys as we all know this collecting is on going right?and from time to time we find something new that arises from the ashes well this I thought was well worth a talking point because up

Default Ww2 hoover high pressure liner.!

So guys as we all know this collecting is on going right?and from time to time we find something new that arises from the ashes well this I thought was well worth a talking point because up to recently i didn't know or even heard of this Liner.Apparently this Liner is featured in the "Pieter oosterman" M1 Helmet book which many say is without a doubt the best referance book out there but to my shame its the only one i don't actually have....Opps never mind.
    so when in feb 1942 MSA and Inland were given contracts to produce the cotton duck high pressure liner both companies struggled with their techniques in production so effectively didn't begin producing large volumes until may so by which times numbers were well behind so MSA allowed a subcontractor Hoover to help produce and so fill the void however there is hardly any info about these Liners other than they were produced but how many or how long they were produced isn't clear,anyway this example came up a few weeks back and it's the only one the seller as far as i know has ever stumbled across so enjoy this unknown eighth high pressure liner maker.
    P.S as the pics were snap shots from a website i've to crop them so price etc wasn't shown but it was enough.Note the resin is almost black in colour.Also the liner which many say is a transitional as it carries steel A washers but Rayon suspension also exhibits fixed chin strap posts where usually on these variants removable posts were added for the leather chinstrap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 hoover high pressure liner.!   Ww2 hoover high pressure liner.!  

Ww2 hoover high pressure liner.!   Ww2 hoover high pressure liner.!  

Ww2 hoover high pressure liner.!   Ww2 hoover high pressure liner.!