Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 m1 3rd division shell+liner on ebay usa.

Article about: now i could be way out on this one,but i know im not,on ebay as we speak sellers quoteing \\$215 shipping Mmmm bit of a give away,also he's stated in his listing if you see anything thats NOT

Default Ww2 m1 3rd division shell+liner on ebay usa.

now i could be way out on this one,but i know im not,on ebay as we speak sellers quoteing $215 shipping Mmmm bit of a give away,also he's stated in his listing if you see anything thats NOT original please let him know and he will amend it,where should i start,before i go through everything tell me what you guys think overall etc,cheers dave,PS liner has westinghouse stamp,forgot the pic for that!!!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 m1 3rd division shell+liner on ebay usa.   Ww2 m1 3rd division shell+liner on ebay usa.  

Ww2 m1 3rd division shell+liner on ebay usa.   Ww2 m1 3rd division shell+liner on ebay usa.  

Ww2 m1 3rd division shell+liner on ebay usa.   Ww2 m1 3rd division shell+liner on ebay usa.  

Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Ww2 m1 3rd division shell+liner on ebay usa.

Well, as you have so rightly spotted there is a 0% chance of this being a WW2 shell and liner!! I also will not bother to list the problems!!!

$215 to ship a 3-4 pound helmet? That better include 1 hour door to door shipping and a gorgeous courier delivering it!

Dave they are all over the place some are good but others don,t even seem to try hard like this one. but watch it someone always bids more fool them.
    Heres another which is just laughable. sorry Its beyond me how to put up pictures from ebay. 11 bids nutters.
    WWII Orginal American Army Paratrooper Helmet M2, AMAZING !!! | eBay

NUTS!!! Dumb nuts, squrriels would give the buyer a filthy stare.As for the seller,DRY ROASTED NUTS just may be in order.

My head just exploded after seeing that "American army paratrooper" helmet. And I thought it was the headphones making my head boil.

now i may really and i mean really be wrong about this one but here goes 1st pattern westinghouse white rayon liner with fixed chinstrap posts?with wait for it A YOKES added by removing the steel rivots and replacing them with ah split pins,nice and safe?never thought of that one maybe field conversion?or fake?you decide,cheers dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 m1 3rd division shell+liner on ebay usa.   Ww2 m1 3rd division shell+liner on ebay usa.  

That is a strange one Dave, they do look like repo A straps and the fact the liner has no female snaps. It looks like someone has wasted a good liner. All rigger ones i have seen have rivets not split pins.
    I was reading the other night about a guy who found complete M1C at a yard sale for $2 and it was all original but it had a rigger modified seamans liner with the A straps riveted through the A washers. Makes you wonder how many other makes of liners were originally altered, which we dismiss because they aren’t inland or Westinghouse.
    Rod

your quite right rod,never noticed the female snaps were missing,but if that rayon is original im crying cos thats 70 years of history in the trash can just to make a few more quid.,and yes to how many rigger styles were turned out,guess there's no answer to that one,regards dave.