Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 M1 HELMET with HAWLEY LINER

Article about: Hi All, Here's an M1 I have had for quite a while, & would like your opinions. British lids are more my thing, so any info you could give would be great. I'm not sure if the white bars a

?

Default WW2 M1 HELMET with HAWLEY LINER

Hi All, Here's an M1 I have had for quite a while, & would like your opinions. British lids are more my thing, so any info you could give would be great. I'm not sure if the white bars are original, but they look quite old. thanks. Aaron.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 M1 HELMET with HAWLEY LINER   WW2 M1 HELMET with HAWLEY LINER  

WW2 M1 HELMET with HAWLEY LINER   WW2 M1 HELMET with HAWLEY LINER  

?

Default Re: WW2 M1 HELMET with HAWLEY LINER

looks good to me not sure about the stripes as they look to straight & fresh to me but i love that fiber liner still something that's eluding my collection at the mo

Default Re: WW2 M1 HELMET with HAWLEY LINER

Hi Mate.

You are a luck fella owning this one, these liners are "Super rare",and worth a great deal.( Financially and Historically)

The finish on the shell looks, looks very original e.g. the cork finish,and in great condition.....if I was buying this one,I would be most impressed

The "Follow me" stripe on the rear looks,very straight to me,but having never seen a genuine original stripe ( other than pic's ), it could be a post-war paint job, but I and many other's have been wrong before. And I guess the same comments should also apply to the Capt rank on the front.

Overall though ,you've got a very impressive lid there, I would hang on to it, if I was you........Thanks for posting this one