Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ww2 m1 helmet with V

Article about: This helmet was posted here last year and was at the time owned be someone else.i own it now. I like the helmet when I saw it and did not post an opinion concerning the helmet. Opinions and

Default Ww2 m1 helmet with V

This helmet was posted here last year and was at the time owned be someone else.i own it now. I like the helmet when I saw it and did not post an opinion concerning the helmet. Opinions and thought at the time were to the fact it was a training helmet. The helmet from the other post did not show the signs of a net at one time on the helmet and I am starting to research the the chance on a landing helmet. Thoughts needed.
    Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 m1 helmet with V   Ww2 m1 helmet with V  

Ww2 m1 helmet with V   Ww2 m1 helmet with V  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 m1 helmet with V   Ww2 m1 helmet with V  

A known navy landing helmet with yellow paint

Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 03-31-2017 at 12:20 AM.

As stated before this helmet was posted before by it previous owner and did not get much response maybe due to lack of interest or not sure about the helmet. Does anyone have any thoughts on the helmet. Is it navy? USCG? Home front training help? Has anyone seen anything close to this helmet? The helmet was sold by the guy who posted it before and I bought it off eBay from a seller named leakytank. I have PM'ed the guy from the forum but he has not been on the forum in months. Any thoughts? Marty
    Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 03-31-2017 at 12:20 AM.

MAP
    ?

Marty...wish I could help. Have looked a few times but really don't know. Maybe Jake (RuddersRangers44) might be able to help....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Michael, Jake has seen it I can see all members who read the thread. I know the helmet was at a dead end from the last thread, I am hoping that someone new or someone has an AHH moment and remembers a picture from the past. The old thread never mentioned the net shadow and it did not even show up in his pictures. I know it will be a journey to find out about the helmet.
    Marty

MAP
    ?

Enjoy the journey
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

More pictures with letters on helmets. The white v was from a ranger unit. Still not sure about my helmet but it is a start.
    Marty

Ww2 m1 helmet with V  

The one thing about my helmet was the netting shadow, I have not seen navy helmets with netting. This helmet had one. Still on a mission. This helmet was passed off the first time as a training helmet, maybe it is. But with more digging and a lot of time we can sometimes find a different answer.
    Marty

I never commented as my knowledge of markings is very limited,my passion has always been in the design and production of 20th century US Combat Helmets,its a nice salty been there Lid,I can't add really any thing of use.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast