Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 marine hand made helmet net......

Article about: Saw this pic and just depics the moment of Raider 3rd Battalion Marines wearing these hand made Nets,during operation cleanslate,feb 43,so little is known about these nets,was it just Marine

Default Ww2 marine hand made helmet net......

Saw this pic and just depics the moment of Raider 3rd Battalion Marines wearing these hand made Nets,during operation cleanslate,feb 43,so little is known about these nets,was it just Marines that wore them?were they used until wars end?or replaced completely by the HBT cotton camo Helmet cover,anyway the colourising belongs to "Royston colourings",and the second image is of an original Fixed Bale set with net sold recently on steve Klimas of "m1depot.com"s website.....pretty awesome thing to own.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 marine hand made helmet net......   Ww2 marine hand made helmet net......  

MAP
    ?

Pretty awesome Jake!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hate to think just how rare these nets are?I've only encountered 2 including the 1 above pic of Steve's,most images i've seen of Marines heading to Guadalcanal in the summer of 42 didn't have the covers,i always think of late 43 onwards with them so maybe this was the "in" thing at the time,before being replaced outright...............

MAP
    ?

And are they also wearing Hawely liners in the picture of the Marines in the boat??

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Good eyes that man,that would fit right in with the time frame,1st generation McCord Fixed Baled Helmet with hand made net,so spring 42-some when in 43,well done Michael,i knew by the date this was an early setup.

MAP
    ?

Damn I'm good! LoL