Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 or post war Helmet?

Article about: by MySonsDad If I'm looking at the photos correctly the two "bald" spots are on either side.....if so, it is due to Helmet Stacking, the bails of the helmet on top rubbed the textu

Default WW2 or post war Helmet?

Hello, here is a REAR SEAM helmet. It was post war repainted.
    But I don´t get it, the liner is ww2 from westinghouse. Is the shell also from ww2? Can´t read the stamp, only **5C !
    Can someone help me please?

thanks!
    Greetings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 or post war Helmet?   WW2 or post war Helmet?  

WW2 or post war Helmet?   WW2 or post war Helmet?  

WW2 or post war Helmet?  

Default Re: WW2 or post war Helmet?

There are two spaces on both sides with no cork/sand finish? Can there be something under the paint?

On the other pictures, is that the original paint under the post war paint?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 or post war Helmet?   WW2 or post war Helmet?  

WW2 or post war Helmet?   WW2 or post war Helmet?  

NCA
    ?

Most likely a late war issue shell.looks to have a HM rim rather than stainless steel.The paint showing through looks original too.

really nice helmet you have there man !

So it is a ww2 shell?

Quote by jumpingjank View Post
    really nice helmet you have there man !
    Thanks mate :-)

Another nice lid,late war shell and liner,most likely re-sanded/painted. these heavy textured types were done in the late 70',nothing else to add really,regards Dave AKA Minnie.

Thanks Dave you're a great help in all my threads!!:-)
    Do you think that I should remove the paint because it doesn't match with the shell age? Because I think the original paint is under this paint?
    Greetings

Tough question really mate,i should think without knowing whats underneath it could look 100 times worse,its down to you.have a think first,once you start there's no going back,i quite like these re-sanded lids adds a bit of character,if they were done by someone in there garage then thats a differant matter,but as these were stock piled and done through offical channels,then to me thats acceptible,its all part of US production protocol,good luck either way,and remember to repost the results if you do go ahead,regards Dave AKA Minnie.

That's right... The fact is that in real, the paint looks really shit and I can peel some paint with my fingers off...
    Look at my second post, there is a little bit of the original paint. I wait for other opinions otherwise I will try my luck! Thanks mate!
    Greetings from Luxembourg

If I'm looking at the photos correctly the two "bald" spots are on either side.....if so, it is due to Helmet Stacking, the bails of the helmet on top rubbed the texture off of the next helmet and then later, the helmet was re-painted. This is quite common to see.

Regards,

Russ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast