MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?

Article about: The cover is very fragile, but is this a ww2 marines helmet? and it has a number 20 on it, what the heck does that mean? thanks for any help possible

Default WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?

The cover is very fragile, but is this a ww2 marines helmet? and it has a number 20 on it, what the heck does that mean? thanks for any help possible WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?

Default one more

here is one more helmet, just seeing if this is ww2 alsoWW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?

Anyone?

Second shell looks to be a kw era produced McCord with a ww2 Liner,the first is salty indeed,shame as it carries the super rare black vinyl sweatband,can't see the number "20"..............

WW2 salty US Marines M1 helmet?here is the 20. Sorry I forgot to add that..

Is there any value on these items before I make a offer? What one would you go for ? I don't know crap about these but I want one for my collection.

MAP
    ?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Second shell looks to be a kw era produced McCord with a ww2 Liner,the first is salty indeed,shame as it carries the super rare black vinyl sweatband,can't see the number "20"..............
    the first liner might be a Seamans (cirlce with an S) but hard to see. I see a #2 mold number next to the Seamans maker logo. Maybe the OP thought it was a 20 (the #2 and the circle with the "S"?)

EDIT: Sorry POTTS...our posts crossed. Disregard my theory on the "20".
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It comes down to price = quality,if the price is right and you like them like this then fine but its not for me,sorry the way i am.

no problem, your a man of knowledge!

no thanks for your thoughts. The reason why I asked because if I get them and re sell them down the road. I just want to make sure I can get rid them them.

IMHO don't waste your money on helmet number 1.
    Also, the photos you are giving us of the helmet covers do not show what we need to know to give you an opinion.
    Helmet number 1 looks to me like it could be a '53 helmet cover based on the colors.
    Helmet number 2 looks like it could be WWII era cover but again, I would need to see more photos of the flaps and the stitching down the center on both sides of the cover.
    The '53 Blue Anchor covers will be stamped on one of the flaps.
    Also you need to look to see whether the EGA is stamped on the front of either side of the cover.
    I do not see it on helmet number 1 but it could have faded based on its condition.
    Helmet 2 you simply do not give us photos of that area.

I have seen both helmets on ebay.
    It looks to me like you either want to make a quick buck off of them OR you want one for your collection but you don't want to do any research.
    Under either circumstance, I would pass.
    Neither of them look to be WWII era USMC helmets. The first one has a post war head band. The second one has updated chinstraps on the pot.
    Like I said, you cant tell for sure from your photos but I would guess both are 1950s era or put together lids.
    I would suggest that you save your money and buy a nice one.
    And do a little research.