Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Style M1 Pin-Up art Memorial lid.

Article about: by battle gear cool lid! looks like WWII aircraft nose art I think it definitely is 'inspired' by nose cone art. I have seen a 'Shoo,shoo, shoo, baby' example before. It's an odd lid for sur

Default WW2 Style M1 Pin-Up art Memorial lid.

I picked this one up a while back. Its a 1953 European (Belgian, I think) M1. Its a 'tribute' piece for sure but it looks good so I thought I would post a couple of photo's for your viewing pleasure
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Style M1 Pin-Up art Memorial lid.   WW2 Style M1 Pin-Up art Memorial lid.  

?

Default Re: WW2 Style M1 Pin-Up art Memorial lid.

thats pretty cool

is there any numbers stamped in to the shell on the inside near or around the front / peak area if yes then its US made

Hello Nick, It's defo not a US made lid. I did quite a bit of investigating, the liner is not US made either (it has a Belgian flag decal on it), but it is dated at 1953. Its a bit of a mish-mash but it looks good on the shelf. I was considering auctioning it in aid of Help for Heroes, but I'm not sure I could part with it.

?

definitely a great piece of art work don't think i could part with it either if it was mine

Quote by NickD View Post
    definitely a great piece of art work don't think i could part with it either if it was mine
    If I don't find myself a job soon I may just have to let it go

?

sorry to hear that mate good luck in finding a new job hope something comes up soon for ya

Thanks mate. It's only been a week and a half without a job... It's this hobby that's driving me to get another, collecting helmets is so addictive Especially TR stuff. I'm not going to let it get me down, Iv'e got a few WW2 books that should keep me entertained for a while.

?

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    collecting helmets is so addictive
    i hear ya on that i keep trying to stop for a while to give my finances a break & time to recover but so far i haven't been able to

Nice lid. I found something like this once, but didn't have the money. Oh well.

cool lid! looks like WWII aircraft nose art

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast