Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 US M1 hand painted blackdevils Helmet

Article about: Hey guys, short notice but saw this Blackdevils Helmet on ebay, just was curious for some opinions. My initial reaction was that the painting looked awfully straight edged, professionally do

Default WW2 US M1 hand painted blackdevils Helmet

Hey guys, short notice but saw this Blackdevils Helmet on ebay, just was curious for some opinions. My initial reaction was that the painting looked awfully straight edged, professionally done, and the font on the crest looked to well done. I dont know how to say it, just didnt have a hand touch to it. looks like everythings been done with masking and stencils and is to crisp. Am I over reacting?

Original Estate WW2 US Army M1 Helmet Painted FSSF Black Devils Brigade | eBay

Think someones gonna get burned on this one,I dont like it at all im afraid I.M.H.O to many reasons to list................

Jan
    ?

Much too good to be true is my first impression but I´m no expert on these.

Best,

Jan

That's what I was thinking, I have seen one for sale recently actually from Dave S. The hand art on that was different and shows that hand touch. My opinion was this art looked to neat and clean, and even the white on the lettering was too bleached. No an expert myself but was curious to see what everyone thought

Garret.
    Attached Images Attached Images WW2 US M1 hand painted blackdevils Helmet  WW2 US M1 hand painted blackdevils Helmet  WW2 US M1 hand painted blackdevils Helmet  WW2 US M1 hand painted blackdevils Helmet  WW2 US M1 hand painted blackdevils Helmet 

I have added the pics to your post and moved the thread to the correct forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

NO good to me the paint reminds me of repro work on the exterior. Also this person has no feedback not a very good sign. Also in about 10 years I have never seen a paint helmet not to say they are not out there but the chances are slim not a fan of the paint on this one at all