Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 USMC helmet and cover

Article about: Howdy everyone! I'm looking for a ww2 USMC helmet and came across this one. I'm not going to lie and say I know a lot about M1 helmets but would like one for my display. It's front seam and

Default WW2 USMC helmet and cover

Howdy everyone! I'm looking for a ww2 USMC helmet and came across this one. I'm not going to lie and say I know a lot about M1 helmets but would like one for my display. It's front seam and fixed bale so I know it's ww2. The sweat band looks used. The chin strap is sewn on. I'm not sure about the leather chin strap or helmet cover. Do you guys think this helmet and cover are original? What are your thoughts? Thank you!!

PS: in an effort to learn more are there any good M1 reference books you would recommend?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 USMC helmet and cover   WW2 USMC helmet and cover  

WW2 USMC helmet and cover   WW2 USMC helmet and cover  

WW2 USMC helmet and cover   WW2 USMC helmet and cover  

Nice original hardly used set,however when the cover was added who can say,?could be a KW produced type or been added to enhance sales,or worse could be a repro but unless the stitching is shown on the beach side?then its impossible to say either way.!

Hi Jake nice to see you back. Nice looking lid General Patton. There are no foliage slits in the cover so from what I have read these are the second type covers produced during the war but as jake said you need to be able to see the stitching on the edge of the flaps and the stitching that holds the two halves together on both sides