Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ww2 usmc helmet maybe to 2nd recon

Article about: Marine logo would be on both sides so I'm with Steve

Default ww2 usmc helmet maybe to 2nd recon

i just got this helmet and wanted to know what you think of it. it says 2nd recon on the cover so i wanted to know if anyone knew anything about the second recon. i am waiting for it so these photos may not be great. i will post better photos when it has arrived. this is my first ww2 usmc helmet and cover. thanks for any help you can give meww2 usmc helmet maybe to 2nd reconww2 usmc helmet maybe to 2nd reconww2 usmc helmet maybe to 2nd reconww2 usmc helmet maybe to 2nd reconww2 usmc helmet maybe to 2nd reconww2 usmc helmet maybe to 2nd recon

Default Re: ww2 usmc helmet maybe to 2nd recon

Did you buy it from the guy in Lawrence, Kansas? Looks an awful lot like his photos would with the background and all, just making sure because he uses repro aged covers

no, he is from kennebunkport, maine. does it look like a repro? i think it is real and am currently trying to find info on the 2nd recon byut am not getting any luck

- - Updated - -

no, he is from kennebunkport, maine. does it look like a repro? i think it is real and am currently trying to find info on the 2nd recon byut am not getting any luck

Quote by Gunakibomb View Post
    Did you buy it from the guy in Lawrence, Kansas? Looks an awful lot like his photos would with the background and all, just making sure because he uses repro aged covers
    Are you talking about the guy who paint M1 helmet with fake decal markings.
    chris

Yeah Chris, he's had some usmc repro covers and helmets recently, it just looked reeeeally similar to his backdrop of photos.

what do you think?

i will certainly watch this guy

I thinks it's a Korean reissue. Chinstraps say that, and 2nd recon looks to be in market it appears? When was the marker or felt tip pen invented? Sounds silly I know

?

From what I can see of the edge stitching the cover looks good.
    The EGA is unfortunately is some goobers piss poor attempt to make it look marine.

I dont Know when it was made but i has a chance of being real. I was going to put it on the beach side because there is no korean war ega on that side and it makes it look more ww2. I agree with you about being korean war reissued vecause it has no foliage slits, stamp on the end, an the correct stitching as a ww2 cover. I just cant tell from the photos if it is a frone seam pot. Thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast