Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WWII M1 helmet w/ USMC cover.

Article about: Hi guys, Can I please get your opinions on this helmet? I think it's fine, personally. I have been on an M1 helmet kick lately... Thanks, Mo

Default WWII M1 helmet w/ USMC cover.

Hi guys,

Can I please get your opinions on this helmet? I think it's fine, personally. I have been on an M1 helmet kick lately...

Thanks,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII M1 helmet w/ USMC cover.   WWII M1 helmet w/ USMC cover.  

WWII M1 helmet w/ USMC cover.   WWII M1 helmet w/ USMC cover.  

?

Default Re: WWII M1 helmet w/ USMC cover.

the M-1 its self looks ok but cant really tell about the cover i would ask for better pic's of the stitching on the beach side also for the amount of rust on the shell there's not a lot on the cover suggesting its not original to the helmet & the fading of the cover looks more like its been through a washing machine rather then naturally faded ?

Quote by NickD View Post
    the M-1 its self looks ok but cant really tell about the cover i would ask for better pic's of the stitching on the beach side also for the amount of rust on the shell there's not a lot on the cover suggesting its not original to the helmet & the fading of the cover looks more like its been through a washing machine rather then naturally faded ?
    Pics requested!

Have a look at my Navy M1 I got yesterday. I think you will like it.

?

will do mate but on the cover of this one im now pretty sure its a fake have a look here at whats called the infamous pacman pattern Fake USMC helmet cover? - U.S. Militaria Forum the cover on the one you've shown has this pacman pattern !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII M1 helmet w/ USMC cover.  

Quote by NickD View Post
    will do mate but on the cover of this one im now pretty sure its a fake have a look here at whats called the infamous pacman pattern Fake USMC helmet cover? - U.S. Militaria Forum the cover on the one you've shown has this pacman pattern !
    Thanks, guy. I will learn to keep an eye out for that. It's always when I think that an item that I don't know much about s good that it turns out to be fake. It's a dangerous hobby for sure.

?

it is indeed mate especially when it comes to these covers as the repro's get better & better over time