Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII M1 Paratrooper??

Article about: Say this at a show today. I have a few WW2 M1's but admit that I'm know enough to get myself in trouble. I know these pic's are really poor but had to quickly snap them. Can you tell if this

MAP
    ?

Default WWII M1 Paratrooper??

Saw this at a show today. I have a few WW2 M1's but admit that I know enough to get myself in trouble.

I know these pic's are really poor but had to quickly snap them.

Can you tell if this is really a WWII M1 paratrooper? I could not find a heat stamp on the shell. It is a swivel bale. Other than that is had only a minute of holding it in hand.

Thoughts? And what is a fair price on these? The price tag on it scared me quite a bit.

Michael

WWII M1 Paratrooper??WWII M1 Paratrooper??WWII M1 Paratrooper??
    Last edited by MAP; 01-11-2015 at 11:19 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Forgot one thing. It appeared to that the liner was a Westinghouse. Didn't have my reading glasses and could not get a good shot with a cell phone.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Blimey is it real? with this one but I don't think so Michael would you honestly part with your cash?I know I wouldn't,rather buy an honest canteen set................conman everywhere you go looking to make a quick buck or two.

MAP
    ?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Blimey is it real? with this one but I don't think so Michael would you honestly part with your cash?I know I wouldn't,rather buy an honest canteen set................conman everywhere you go looking to make a quick buck or two.
    Jake,

Thanks! I wasn't going to buy it. Sorry if it sounded like I was. Was just curious, as the asking price (in my non-existent experience with these helmets) was crazy high at $1.5k.

I guess I know the answer now!

Michael

there's some scary fakes of these out there.
    the only thing I will say from these pictures is, if it were me I would liked to have seen cast buckles on the "A" frames considering it looks like a mid war liner. from what I have seen and I might be wrong wire buckles seem to be found on late war liners.
    how much was it out interest.
    regards
    Rod

MAP
    ?

Quote by plumbob View Post
    there's some scary fakes of these out there.
    the only thing I will say from these pictures is, if it were me I would liked to have seen cast buckles on the "A" frames considering it looks like a mid war liner. from what I have seen and I might be wrong wire buckles seem to be found on late war liners.
    how much was it out interest.
    regards
    Rod
    $1.5k

sorry mate takes me that long to type you must have posted while I was doing so.
    A lot of cash!
    Thanks
    Rod

MAP
    ?

Which is why I posted it. I thought it was way too much....

Thanks!

Collecting any type of US Airborne is risky at best,unless direct from a Veteran always be wary,even top end dealers can get it wrong,as this is the most sought after Allied WW2 Helmet then its no surprise the lengths many will go to extract money out of humble folk,for something thats 70 plus years young it should have a natural wear to it all over.................

MAP
    ?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Collecting any type of US Airborne is risky at best,unless direct from a Veteran always be wary,even top end dealers can get it wrong,as this is the most sought after Allied WW2 Helmet then its no surprise the lengths many will go to extract money out of humble folk,for something thats 70 plus years young it should have a natural wear to it all over.................
    Thanks Jake,

I was not considering buying it especially at that price tag and the fact that M1's are not my strongest point. But I've learned enough here to know that the vast majority of so called "WWII"" paratroopers are put together.

Michael