Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Is it a WWII M1? Please, help me!

Article about: Dear All, It is a hard thing to get a real WWII M1 in Hungary. Now I have one, just the shell, but I am not sure, it is an original one or not. (the shell, the painting, the markings) I am n

Default Is it a WWII M1? Please, help me!

Dear All,
    It is a hard thing to get a real WWII M1 in Hungary. Now I have one, just the shell, but I am not sure, it is an original one or not. (the shell, the painting, the markings) I am not an expert.
    Please exemine the pictures and tell me your opinion.
    Rear seam, the rim is NOT stainless steel. Marking: 543A and S.
    Thanks for your answer in advance!
    George
    Is it a WWII M1? Please, help me!Is it a WWII M1? Please, help me!Is it a WWII M1? Please, help me!Is it a WWII M1? Please, help me!Is it a WWII M1? Please, help me!Is it a WWII M1? Please, help me!

Late ww2 Schlueter made with post-war repaint..................

Thank you! It was quick.
    I am half happy....
    Can you tell me what is the difference between a post war and a real war painting. What can I looking for next time?

Look at the inside of the shell,thats original matt olive drab paint,expect to see this on the outside,but it can be difficult as many wartime Helmets were repainted in the field at least once,plus many years of how or where a Helmet is stored can seriously effect the tone or shade too,also many wartime Helmets were painted with vehicle paint that had a shine to it so this may portray a postwar repaint,basically a lot of time and study is needed to make a fairly accurate account of an individual Helmet,hope this isn't too complicated to understand........... Check here for comparison.Opinions on varied m1 helmet paint!!!!!

Thank you very much! It was very helpful!!!!!
    Regards
    George

Hi George , that's not a bad shell at all ,looks to have had a re-paint but it is still a WW2 piece of steel. Leon.

Yeah, yeah, a piece of History anyway. I am happy with it. As I mentioned it is hard to find any M1 in Hungary. (we were in the Eastern Front)