Become our sponsor and display your banner here

WWII Named USN Fixed Loop - Wallace Schur

Article about: Here is a fixed loop USN helmet named to Wallace Schur a WWII USN vet. He clearly did not want anyone else taking his helmet because the helmet and liner are named all over. Schur was from P

Default WWII Named USN Fixed Loop - Wallace Schur

Here is a fixed loop USN helmet named to Wallace Schur a WWII USN vet.
    He clearly did not want anyone else taking his helmet because the helmet and liner are named all over.
    Schur was from PA and is currently burred there.
    It was apparantly re-issued to him from a soldier or sailor with the initials J.E.D.
    J.E.D. is marked on the helmet chinstrap and on the liner nape.
    Both are then crossed out.
    Helmet is a McCord number 624A and liner is a Westy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Named USN Fixed Loop - Wallace Schur   WWII Named USN Fixed Loop - Wallace Schur  

WWII Named USN Fixed Loop - Wallace Schur   WWII Named USN Fixed Loop - Wallace Schur  

WWII Named USN Fixed Loop - Wallace Schur   WWII Named USN Fixed Loop - Wallace Schur  

great helmet with paperwork!

Thank you Patches.
    I have been limiting my purchases to matched sets (helmet and liner).
    Unless the helmet is special for some other reason.

ALG
    ?

Default Hi

Wow! I'm in awe. Wallace Schur was my grandfather. He passed away long before I was born. I was very close with my grandmother Helen. I still live in PA and my mother (Wally's daughter) still lives in Hokey. Do you still have these possessions? Are you looking to sell?

That would be an amazing match.
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by ALG View Post
    Wow! I'm in awe. Wallace Schur was my grandfather. He passed away long before I was born. I was very close with my grandmother Helen. I still live in PA and my mother (Wally's daughter) still lives in Hokey. Do you still have these possessions? Are you looking to sell?
    It would be best to send the original poster a PM. Click on his name and a box will open giving you the option to send a private message
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)