Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII US Netted M1

Article about: Hey guys, I am looking at this M1 and I wanted to get some opinions on it before I decide anything. The price being asked is \\$475, which I think is a little high. I know next to nothing abou

Default WWII US Netted M1

Hey guys,

I am looking at this M1 and I wanted to get some opinions on it before I decide anything. The price being asked is $475, which I think is a little high. I know next to nothing about US nets though.

Do you think this has always been a set?

After looking at it more, the wear to the net does not seem to match at all with the liner. It is hard to say anything about the helmet shell since there is not a clear picture of it.

Thanks,

Alec
    Attached Images Attached Images WWII US Netted M1  WWII US Netted M1  WWII US Netted M1  WWII US Netted M1  WWII US Netted M1  WWII US Netted M1  WWII US Netted M1  WWII US Netted M1  WWII US Netted M1  WWII US Netted M1  WWII US Netted M1  WWII US Netted M1  WWII US Netted M1 
    Last edited by thefight; 11-16-2011 at 06:17 AM.

Default Re: WWII US Netted M1

Here my 2 cents, Naple strap, I never seen it have a snap button like that (dont like it, however i could be wrong). Unless someone could enlighten us that they were issued.
    Good things i like the fixed bail and the liner. However i cant comment on the net because i got, no knowlege if it is original. It a netting patter that was used in the war though.
    If i knew everything was good, i would shoot for $400 or lower. that price is limit i think i would ever pay for an m 1 ($475 to much for my blood). Considering the most i ever spent on a helmet was $80.

?

We still used this model in the Danish army in the very early nineties... Net, strap and all.

?

its a nice looking lid the chin strap looks to be a field repair job Ive seen a few like this as for the net it looks to be a correct WW2 net but could not be sure its original to the lid or added later to make it more desirable. the price maybe if you could get it for $400 that would be about right for a complete fixed bail M-1.

Thanks guys.

NickD is there somewhere that I can learn more about WWII nets? I've been interested in them for a bit but know nothing about them.

I was thinking of offering $350 for the helmet, but I will wait for him to come down on his own first, try not to put him off.

Thanks,

Alec

?

unfortunately there's no kind of data base for WW2 nets that i know of only what Ive learned for other collectors. if it was me i would make him an offer he can only either say no or come back with a counter offer its worth a try.

Well it sold while I was sleeping, probably for the better. Now I will have some more money to spend at the show this weekend.

Alec

?

never mind you might find a better maybe cheaper one at the show good luck

Quote by thefight View Post
    Well it sold while I was sleeping, probably for the better. Now I will have some more money to spend at the show this weekend.

Alec
    Never sleep, or you will loose auctions

I really like the field repaired chin strap, I think it adds character and removes it from the relm of fake or pieced together lid. Too bad it sold, but the'll be another one come around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast