Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

your thoughts on USMC M1 cover and camo band please !

Article about: This is a USMC cover and camo band from a M1 helmet I will post separate. I think its ok but not sure on the age of band so any help on both items appreciated . Band lightly ink stamped band

?

Default your thoughts on USMC M1 cover and camo band please !

This is a USMC cover and camo band from a M1 helmet I will post separate. I think its ok but not sure on the age of band so any help on both items appreciated . Bandyour thoughts on USMC M1  cover and camo band please !your thoughts on USMC M1  cover and camo band please !your thoughts on USMC M1  cover and camo band please !your thoughts on USMC M1  cover and camo band please !your thoughts on USMC M1  cover and camo band please !your thoughts on USMC M1  cover and camo band please !your thoughts on USMC M1  cover and camo band please !your thoughts on USMC M1  cover and camo band please ! lightly ink stamped band camouflage US. Thanks again !!! Neil

Late war vietnam issue long flap Mitchell cover which is 1970 dated with that contract number. I'm wondering what makes this a USMC one as I can't see anything on the cover to confirm this. The helmet band looks more like the type you see issued with the helmet nets during WW2 rather than the box stitched ones that we see issued during the 1960's onwards.

The Mitchell cover you have is later ( Vietnam ) and is of
    a different pattern than the covers from WWII
    and Korea, shown below.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture your thoughts on USMC M1  cover and camo band please !   your thoughts on USMC M1  cover and camo band please !  

Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    The Mitchell cover you have is later ( Vietnam ) and is of
    a different pattern than the covers from WWII
    and Korea, shown below.........
    Nice to see a mod commentating on this s forum
    That's a nice USMC helmet cover looks like a WW2 type with a post war EGA stamp

Thanks Ian ! ( Yes, you are correct, however they
    are not mine - both pics taken off the Net for
    reference.........! )
    Regards,

Steve.

I'm starting to wonder just how accurate books really are.!
    According to Mark Reynosa from 1969 a fourth line was added stating the manufacturer,now all 69 made covers do have this however 1970 contracted examples do not,i included own one.
    Neoprene bands first appeared in the fall of 1942 which supposedly had one vertical row of stitching however M/R states the box type with diagonal stitching was being used.also bare in mind that these bands were being made up to order on ebay from original DSA 300 metre spools,approx 23 inches in length,so this may well be one of those examples.

where does the term "MITCHELL" transend from as no book use this referance.!
    Camouflage helmet cover or ERDL M1 Helmet Cover.