Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

4th Annual 'Military Vehicle Day' - Georgina Ontario, Canada.........

Article about: Well, I dusted her off, managed to get the old '42 Willys running, and attended the Georgina Military Museum's 4th annual 'Military Day' - May 26, 2012. This show is growing bigger each year

Default 4th Annual 'Military Vehicle Day' - Georgina Ontario, Canada.........

Well, I dusted her off, managed to get the old '42 Willys running, and attended
    the Georgina Military Museum's 4th annual 'Military Day' - May 26, 2012.

This show is growing bigger each year with participants and re-enactors
    from the War of 1812 to the present - including vehicles currently
    in use by the Canadian Armed Forces.

This years show was held in memory of local WWII Veteran,
    the late Bud Leggett, who is seen in the last photo
    during the 2011 event.........

Georgina Military Museum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 4th Annual 'Military Vehicle Day' - Georgina Ontario, Canada.........   4th Annual 'Military Vehicle Day' - Georgina Ontario, Canada.........  

4th Annual 'Military Vehicle Day' - Georgina Ontario, Canada.........   4th Annual 'Military Vehicle Day' - Georgina Ontario, Canada.........  

4th Annual 'Military Vehicle Day' - Georgina Ontario, Canada.........   4th Annual 'Military Vehicle Day' - Georgina Ontario, Canada.........  

Last edited by Walkwolf; 05-29-2012 at 07:16 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: 4th Annual 'Military Vehicle Day' - Georgina Ontario, Canada.........

Hi Steve, looks like a good day out!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: 4th Annual 'Military Vehicle Day' - Georgina Ontario, Canada.........

It was a great day Ade, except for the sunburn.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

i like that camouflaged ez-up by the SS and Panzer re-enactors!

Three more pics.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 4th Annual 'Military Vehicle Day' - Georgina Ontario, Canada.........   4th Annual 'Military Vehicle Day' - Georgina Ontario, Canada.........  

Regards,

Steve.

?

Nice pics and some good looking gear. Which Willy is yours? Any chance of some more pics?

Regards, Lars

Hi Lars.

Unfortunately this is all I have, but you can access all the museum photos
    from the link provided above. My jeep is shown in the third, eighth
    and tenth photos from post #1.........

Below: a pic from the first event in 2009
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 4th Annual 'Military Vehicle Day' - Georgina Ontario, Canada.........  
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks Steve. Nice Willy's

The armored vehicle, is that a Piranha variant?

Regards, Lars

It's called a 'Coyote', which I believe is a part of the LAV series.
    Note the 25mm gun.........
    Regards,

Steve.