Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Any idea what this is ?

Article about: Hi - I was walking in North Devon a year ago and came upon a load of old military concrete positions + a pit full of what appeared to be bits of armour (some with riveted construction) + wha

matchlessg80cs
    ?

Default Any idea what this is ? - identified as Remains of Crusader Tank found in N Devon.

Hi - I was walking in North Devon a year ago and came upon a load of old military concrete positions + a pit full of what appeared to be bits of armour (some with riveted construction) + what looks like tank wheels partially buried in a large pit - this one of them any idea what these might be of ?

Also did anybody see the very rusty remains of the front and rear parts of a tank (Sherman ?) on a large lorry on the M5 at lunch time today - they looked as if they had just been dug up - sadly didn't have a camera in the car....

Last edited by matchlessg80cs; 09-09-2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Identified the parts !

matchlessg80cs
    ?

Default Re: Any idea what this is ?

I've just been looking at images of some WW2 tanks and the wheels look identical to a Crusader tanks wheels + it had some riveted armour sections, notably the turret - I'm 99% sure this is a Crusader.
    But what was this tank doing (being dismantled / blown up ?) on the coast in North Devon, UK ?
    Last edited by matchlessg80cs; 09-09-2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: identified parts