Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Brandt 60mm Mortar Sight

Article about: Hello to all, I'm looking for information on this mortar sight which looks almost identical to the one for US M2 60mm mortars. The difference that I detect is there is no see-through sight a

summersdogs
    ?

Default Brandt 60mm Mortar Sight

Hello to all,

I'm looking for information on this mortar sight which looks almost identical to the one for US M2 60mm mortars. The difference that I detect is there is no see-through sight area on this one, while there is on the M2 sight. I'm posting a line drawing of the US sight for comparison. Our sight is marked "Brandt 60mm" as shown in one of the photos. Now I know from Googling around that Mr. Brandt was to mortars as Mr. A.G. Bell is to cell phones, so this sight is for some sort of Brandt mortar. And there ends my knowledge. Can someone identify a dating and country of use (maybe France) for this sight? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Lynne
    Attached Images Attached Images Brandt 60mm Mortar Sight  Brandt 60mm Mortar Sight  Brandt 60mm Mortar Sight  Brandt 60mm Mortar Sight 

ian
    ?

Default Re: Brandt 60mm Mortar Sight

hi Lynne it looks to me that these items are the same except your one has the open sight missing mabe a modification but as long as the collimator is there then the open sight is not realy neaded ,it just makes the initial sighting of the deflection marker a little bit of a pain .cheers ian

summersdogs
    ?

Hi, ian. Thanks much for taking the time to respond to my post. I hope that you or perhaps other forum members can tell me the mortar/s that utilized this sight and possible dating of same.

Lynne

ian
    ?

no sorry mate i have no idea i can only realy tell you how it works and how to set it up becouse most all mortar sights work in basicly the same way,mabe some one ells with better knowlage than me can help you cheers ian