Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Matlida MKII (Tank, Infantry, Mk II, Matilda II (A12) ).

Article about: Hi Guys, here is a photo I took during a private evening event at the IWM of the Matlida MKII which is on display there. Painted in the camo used in the Western Desert. Cheers, Ade.

Default British Matlida MKII (Tank, Infantry, Mk II, Matilda II (A12) ).

Hi Guys, here is a photo I took during a private evening event at the IWM of the Matlida MKII which is on display there.

Painted in the camo used in the Western Desert.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Matlida MKII (Tank, Infantry, Mk II, Matilda II (A12) ).  

Default Re: British Matlida MKII (Tank, Infantry, Mk II, Matilda II (A12) ).

Ade,

Reminds me of the 'dazzel' cam on ships? Is it the same idea?

Jock

Hi Jock, yes, it is the same idea. It does break up the outline of the vehicle quite well.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade,

Have you seen the old Chieftans etc from the Berlin Bde, they had something similar for built up areas?

Jock

Hi Jock, yes I have. They had a unique "Urban camo" in grey. I saw one painted up like that at Duxford, but I didn't take a pic.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade,

Last one I seen was near Tidworth, forgotten the name of the place just North where they were all waiting to be scrapped together with all the old Op Granby stuff. (just remembered Luggershall?).

Jock

Just found this article on the Berlin Brigade Camo:

index

Cheers, Ade.