Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A few 'funky' lookin Stuarts

Article about: I don't know how many were made or just some sort of prototype. But, a little different.

Default A few 'funky' lookin Stuarts

I don't know how many were made or just some sort of prototype. But, a little different.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few 'funky' lookin Stuarts   A few 'funky' lookin Stuarts  

A few 'funky' lookin Stuarts  

Default Re: A few 'funcky' lookin Stuarts

the middle one looks like it has the gun of the few lvts that has cannons and the bottom has a wolverine tank killer turret and cannon

the first ones not a stewart i belive its a modified bren carrier

Quote by Sourkraut View Post
    the first ones not a stewart i belive its a modified bren carrier
    It is different for sure. Good eye!

JWEv
    ?

Hi gents, I think the first pic is of a Belgian T.13 which was an early tank destroyer based on a Carden-Lloyd artillery tractor.
    Here's a link to an excellent site that details some of the more obscure armour used in the past.
    Belgium Armor

?

I must admit when i first saw the top pic. i thought it resembled a bren gun carrier , but a good call from JWEv , nice one
    cheers Al

The middle one is an M8 GMC.

combatcarl05
    ?

Default Re: A few 'funky' lookin Stuarts

The last one is the M8A1 this one was experamental and never made it to production

Hi Packin9

The "Tankette" on the first picture cannot be a Bren carrier, as they have 3 road wheels, not 4, and where the turret is placed, is right on top of the engine. I don't know what it is though, perhaps a riot control vehicle? the bolted plate armour indicates the time the picture was taken at around the 1930's, before it was realised that when a shell impacts the armour, fragments of the bolt would shear off and ricouchet inside and kill the crew.

The Stuart in the centre with the LVT turret was actualy in production lines, however, they were only in service in the Pacific, on islands such as Pelilu and Guadalcanal in the later stages, they were intended to destroy inland bunkers.

The lower was a design made during the "Hedgerow wars" in Normandy,1944, which was made in little numbers, it was intended to be a fast, and easily disguisable tank hunter, it was soon replaced with the M10.

Cheers,
    Berthier92
    Attached Images Attached Images A few 'funky' lookin Stuarts 

Universal carriers had 3 road wheels, the t16 carrier had 4. John.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast