Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gmc cckw

Article about: Morning all I'm working to help someone track down the history of CCKW353 463430 The owner believes it was used in Normandy but any thoughts on WRF how I can find out more? David

Default Gmc cckw

Morning all

I'm working to help someone track down the history of CCKW353 463430

The owner believes it was used in Normandy but any thoughts on WRF how I can find out more?

David

Gmc cckw

You can't. There are no lists that coupled hood numbers (the military registration number) to units, although bumper markings (the unit markings) can sometimes be recovered. Of course you would need to be sure it is the original bumper fitted to this specific vehicle at the factory, and the same goes for the hood.

If you have these parts, they were fitted at the factory AND you can recover the original markings you could do some research on the unit and where they have been during the war but the only way to know for sure this specific truck was in Normandy is to have it show up in an original photo that shows the hood number.

In short, if you have the original hood and bumper you might be able to recover the original markings and that should give you the unit it belonged to. That is about as far as you can go with discovering the history of a specific vehicle.

Thanks. I might be up with the owner Sunday so will find out more. Appreciated