Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gpw frame number

Article about: Hello everyone, happy to write in your very profecional Forum. I have a late GPW 43, which I bought in 76, would like to know if the frame number belongs to a British restamping, 38243 after

?

Default Gpw frame number

Hello everyone, happy to write in your very profecional Forum.
    I have a late GPW 43, which I bought in 76, would like to know if the frame number belongs to a British restamping, 38243 after that number appears Z and 1 or C and then 1/2 and 3.
    These are the numbers, if you are interested I can give more info.

Regards

Diego
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gpw frame number   Gpw frame number  

Gpw frame number  
    Attached Images Attached Images Gpw frame number 

Hi Diego
    You can not sleep until you solve the mysterious numbers!!

Only just seen you posting Diego,did you get any replies,im sure you know it should look like this and brits either did a seperate plate or stamped frame in another place.
    Attached Images Attached Images Gpw frame number 

?

Hello Wrecker I uploaded my GPW in many links specially in AACVM describe the jeep ,at first I thought it was 42 that information was from G.503, later research I found a 43 late .I take the pics three times ,first one to G 503,then others when appears that ½ also in G 503, and the last one was when I clean all the seccion and put copper sulfate and muriatic acid these are in HMVF forum,and another here.Mixtures parts from Willys and Ford tell me that was a reconditioned one, the body is ACM 1 but the firewall is Ford also front axle, rear and driver seat, tranfer case but rear axle, engine,radiator,hood and the body are from a Willys one.Here are the links if somebody likes to see them.
    G503.com Message Forums • View topic - GPW frame number identification
    A.A.C.V.M. • Ver Tema -
    MISTERIOSOS JEEPS

Question Frame number puzzle
    Gpw frame number

Hello Diego,did the hmvf come up with any answers,Colin.
    The body colours you are showing are the same as my jeep,olive drab,blue and then usmc forest green,mine is ford body on willys chassis though.

?

Some answers but nothing important,think that in case of my jeep think it was from the 2275 contract,reconditioned Ford jeeps made for the British Army.Here in Argentina is impossible to find records perhaps you can in the UK.
    You can enter in hmvf : question frame number puzzle is above last picture.

I assume your jeep has no data plate,original hood numbers or paper work ?
    I could not read last two pages of A.A.C.V.M as computer recognises that jeepdraw has something to do with it and it blocks the pages.

?

Hello wrecker,I did not know about it but it seems to be normal in google chrome, this post is in Spanish you can translate.
    A.A.C.V.M. • Ver Tema - Reporta problemas tecnicos en el uso del foro.
    Regards