Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

how to lift an M1A1 tank

Article about: Hi everyone today we changed a tortion bar on an M1A1 tank but we had to pick it up first ,, we used one M88A2 the M1A1 wieghs 68 tons , the M88A2 can lift 40 tons max if we used two M88A2 s

Default Re: how to lift an M1A1 tank

Sure beats using a Bumper Jack, I'd say....

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

lol sounds like you are enjoying yourself, have a good new year.

Quote by ian View Post
    forgive me gentlemen i am now drunk

im listening to keny vance and the planetones

mabe that explanes it

may the new year be better than the old
    take care gentlemen
    enjoy life ,,, as it is very short
    alckohole is the answer to all of lifes problems
    well mabe not ,,inof of it and you stop careing

Should be over the hangover now mate? I'm currently getting charged on a good quality single malt whisky. Burned through half the bottle so far, I'm sure I'll regret in the morning hahaha.

mmmm yes im just about over it
    but i have to deal with some turret problems on this f&ck*ing night mare of a hydroulic mess they call a fire controle system

you cant go wrong with a couple of gyrose and some meterdines with a good PSU

and all there sights have incurable PARALAX its a wonder they ever hit any thing ???

?if you dont understand PARALAX google it

id love to explane but i cnat be assed becouse i spend all day trying to explane it to idiots out here

cheers from very cold at the moment Bagdad ian

OK ill try to explane paralax
    in the sights of a tamk there is a reticul ( a serieis of aiming marcs ) if you move your head in a circle and the aiming marcs folow you in thaty circle ,, that is paralax ,, if the reticule folows your eye around by 2 mm at a target 100m away you can and will miss that target by 20m in elevation or travers ,or any multiples of both
    when you look in to the sight at what ever angle your eye looks the sight should be on the target ,,that is paralax neutrle
    if a sight has paralax then you have to fit another lens,,, a paralax corector lens
    try as i might ,, can i get that through to these numpties ,,,,,,no chance ,,,, and they wonder why thay cant hit the target
    it is IMOSABLE TO BORE SIGHT CORECTLY IF THE SIGHT HAS PARALAX,,,if you cant bore sight ,,and you cant aim ,,how do you hit ????
    GOOGLE IT it will explane better than i can
    i was only a B3 gunner ,, not an instructor
    NOW if you want to know about the hull ,,,,,, im your man
    cheers (FREEZING MY NUTS OF) from Bagdad

Parallax in optical sights

Further information: Telescopic sight#Parallax compensation

In optical sights parallax refers to the apparent movement of the reticle in relationship to the target when the user moves his/her head laterally behind the sight (up/down or left/right),[26] i.e. it is an error where the reticle does not stay aligned with the sight's own optical axis.

In optical instruments such as telescopes, microscopes, or in telescopic sights used on small arms and theodolites, the error occurs when the optics are not precisely focused: the reticle will appear to move with respect to the object focused on if one moves one's head sideways in front of the eyepiece. Some firearm telescopic sights are equipped with a parallax compensation mechanism which basically consists of a movable optical element that enables the optical system to project the picture of objects at varying distances and the reticle crosshairs pictures together in exactly the same optical plane. Telescopic sights may have no parallax compensation because they can perform very acceptably without refinement for parallax with the sight being permanently adjusted for the distance that best suits their intended usage. Typical standard factory parallax adjustment distances for hunting telescopic sights are 100 yd or 100 m to make them suited for hunting shots that rarely exceed 300 yd/m. Some target and military style telescopic sights without parallax compensation may be adjusted to be parallax free at ranges up to 300 yd/m to make them better suited for aiming at longer ranges.[citation needed] Scopes for rimfires, shotguns, and muzzleloaders will have shorter parallax settings, commonly 50 yd/m[citation needed] for rimfire scopes and 100 yd/m[citation needed] for shotguns and muzzleloaders. Scopes for airguns are very often found with adjustable parallax, usually in the form of an adjustable objective, or AO. These may adjust down as far as 3 yards (2.74 m).[citation needed]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123