Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

My Jeep and it's history

Article about: Hi Jay, thanks! The Bridge Too Far quote was very apt! I thought it might be worth showing some more of the documentation I have which I mentioned in the text of my original post. Here is th

Default Re: My Jeep and it's history

Pretty good. I have not seen it myself yet. He bought it in England. Of course his band are called T34

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

top class JEEP, i had a shot at one but he wanted more money so i walked... looks great!

nice looking jeep and it's great to see one in british markings

eddy

?

Hello!
    Very nice Jeep!!! Are those Airborne Jeeps common?
    I did buy one... this week here in Sweden.
    I´m searching for how my Jeep looked like when it was in British Airborne?
    Here are some pics...

Best regards

Emil Bruce
    Sweden

?

Quote by Time Bandit View Post
    Nice Jeep Ade!

I looked at buying one in the early '90s just before the prices started to go too mental but I then lost my secure off road parking so that idea was knocked on the head and I ended up getting a Lightweight Land Rover (it was still a soft top but was slightly more less 'open' that a Jeep whilst sitting on the road side and hopefully less likely to disappear over night!). I really enjoy having the Land Rover but can't help but think how nice it would of been to have a Jeep if circumstances would of been different...
    I love the Lightweight Land Rover, and LR's in general. Always wanted a Lightweight.

Hi Emil, thanks for the pics and welcome to the forum!

Original airborne Jeeps are fairly rare to find.

Please post details of any data plates.

The Airborne mods I can see so far:

Quick release steering wheel
    Dash mounted Horn button
    Jerrican strap fittings to rear floor
    Lowered wheel arch for the No.22 Wireless set.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Adrian!!!

Sorry the dataplates are some repro junk...
    Will get back to you with more pictures and my serial nr.
    In 2 weeks i will take the Jeep out of my garage and take more and better pictures of it.
    I hope i will know what equipment the Jeep did have when it was a British Airborne.
    There are 2 bolt holes near each other for jerrycan holder? Are there the same Jerrycan holder as the ordinary Jeep/US one? How did they bolt them?
    Do anybody have a picture with only the Jerrycan brackets on the floor?
    I do understand it would have 3 of them. behind the seats and between the front seats.
    Here are a link to more pictures:
    British Airborne Jeep pictures by swedeherbie - Photobucket
    Many Thanks!!!
    Best regards

Emil Bruce
    Sweden
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Jeep and it's history  

Hi Emil, great pic. I like the suppliers plate, lovely!

The Jerrican can holder is the conventional US pattern removed from the rear panel. It sits between the front seats, half on the rear floor, half on the front. It needs a small "L" shaped foot welding to it to enable it to sit on the front floor, due to it being lower than the rear floor. You can find the holder bolted or welded to the floor.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade and Emil,

Your jeeps look great! Ade, It's fantastic that you were able to trace that much of its history. My unit, a small group of guys who represent the U.S. 88th division, are looking for a jeep. I would love to have one myself to drive to events. I admittedly don't know much about them though. Vehicles never really were my area of expertise.

I also love the fact that you are able to reenact at the actual places where the battles took place. If only they would let you have the north end of the Arnhem bridge for an event...

Hi Mo, thanks. I have sat many a time on Arnhem Bridge in the Jeep.

Hi Emil, the Jeep certainly had the footsteps cut off and later replaced. Mine was the same.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast