Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

My Late 44 Willys Jeep

Article about: G'day All Here's my largest piece in my collection, most likely built from parts up in Queensland during the war other than that I don't know of it's history. Ford chassis, Composite tub, Wi

Lol - Lucky to get it started, and lucky I made it..........!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Late 44 Willys Jeep  
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 05-24-2016 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Added Pic.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Lol - Lucky to get it started, and lucky I made it..........!
    hehehehe!!!

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Late 44 Willys Jeep  
    Regards,

Steve.

Very cool! I just have a question-in 2003 I was in Australia as a member of the US Army to help commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Australian Reserve Forces for Anzac Day. During one of the parades I was in and with an interest in military vehicles I got talking to a gentleman who was driving a WWII Era Jeep-he indicated to me that there was a time that all vehicles including historic ones needed to be converted to right hand drive in order to be imported into Australia and that his jeep was converted but then the mandate was lifted and he converted it back to left hand drive-I see all the Jeeps you have pictured are left hand steering so this must be true (?) any comment?

Jeeps are pretty easy to work on... simple and accessible!

The one I have with my dad is the biggest piece of my collection too!

Quote by sargetom View Post
    Very cool! I just have a question-in 2003 I was in Australia as a member of the US Army to help commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Australian Reserve Forces for Anzac Day. During one of the parades I was in and with an interest in military vehicles I got talking to a gentleman who was driving a WWII Era Jeep-he indicated to me that there was a time that all vehicles including historic ones needed to be converted to right hand drive in order to be imported into Australia and that his jeep was converted but then the mandate was lifted and he converted it back to left hand drive-I see all the Jeeps you have pictured are left hand steering so this must be true (?) any comment?
    This was true (from what I know) for imports only. If you import a new vehicle I believe it still needs to be converted. If an existing (already in country) vehicle is over 25 years there is no need to convert.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7