Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picked up my hand made Repro WW1 Douglas Motorcycle today!!!

Article about: Well this is the first of a few the 4CMR assoc. repro WW1 Motorcycles we are having built, as this was the first, it was rather expensive, the side car was hand made along with its frame her

?

Default Picked up my hand made Repro WW1 Douglas Motorcycle today!!!

Well this is the first of a few the 4CMR assoc. repro WW1 Motorcycles we are having built, as this was the first, it was rather expensive, the side car was hand made along with its frame here in Canada, they had to make the jigs ect for the first one, so that added to the cost, there are still a few things that I feel need done, including ( and I really hate to do this to the bike) a bullet headlight and tail light on the Side car fender.
    I had never driven a bike with a side car before, so I am still on the learning curve for that, also I have to stop putting in the clutch and try to slow down by putting my left foot on the shifter ( I used to ride British bikes only until 1988 when I broke my right knee cap for the 2nd time on a BSA Lighting)

So this morning was the first time since then, that I have ridden a Bike.
    WE will be wearing high quality 4 CMR WW1 uniforms for the Horse Guards Change of Command Parade on Saturday

Her are some photos of the bike

Dean O

Canada

Picked up my hand made Repro WW1 Douglas Motorcycle today!!!Picked up my hand made Repro WW1 Douglas Motorcycle today!!!Picked up my hand made Repro WW1 Douglas Motorcycle today!!!Picked up my hand made Repro WW1 Douglas Motorcycle today!!!Picked up my hand made Repro WW1 Douglas Motorcycle today!!!Picked up my hand made Repro WW1 Douglas Motorcycle today!!!

Great looking bike - Very cool Dean.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thank you..too bad when they had to modify the frame for the side car, due to the original being crap, one of the bars, now blocks the kick start.

I will ask them to modify this on the next bikes, as I have never had a push button start, and I think it takes away form the alover effect of the bike.

If you are in Toronto on Sat, go to Denison Armories at Sheppard and Allen Road North, it is on the east side of the CFB Toronto or Downsview

WE Will be there in our 4 CMR uniforms with the bike for the Change of Command Parade

Take Care

DEan

?

That is to cool!!!!! So what size engine did these have and also could I get a side pic of the motorcycle??
    Please

Semper Fi
    Phil

Awesome stuff! I would love one!

Fantastic effort!

?

The motor is a new built 1972 Honda engine, yes I know thats cheating, but that was the closest we could come by that is reliable.
    A fiend of mine has 19 WW1 Bikes, all but one is running, he has 3 Douglas M/Cs a 1916-a 1917 and 1918, one has a side car.
    So we brought over the owner of the company that builds these. WE bought the bike as parts and built them here, and as I said the Side car and frame were also made here.

Here is a photo of the bike side, sorry for the shadow and bright light as this was taken early in the morning.
    We will have more photos for the change of Command Parade, with us in the 4 CMR uniforms.

The Gas Tank insignia will be put on the bike when it goes back to our builder for some tweks that need to be done.
    This and the other Bikes will drive across Canada next year in Honour of the 100th Anny of Vimy Ridge, we may join up in the US with some Marines and ride back through the US

The Tank insigina will be the cap badge of the 4 CMR and then VIMY behind that...this bike is Vimy 1, we are calling them Vimys

Dean O
    Canada

Picked up my hand made Repro WW1 Douglas Motorcycle today!!!

Pretty damn cool!...

a Tip,when going round a bend don't shut the throttle off if you are on your own.[right hand bend for you.]

Very cool Dean. Take it easy until you get the hang of driving with the chair, it can be a problem.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast