Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Portuguese Junked Sherman

Article about: Sadly, its true and this is an old photo, i believe they are long gone by now...... Plus, i think these are Canadian Grizzlys that were imported in the 50`s

Default Portuguese Junked Sherman

Sadly, its true and this is an old photo, i believe they are long gone by now......
    Plus, i think these are Canadian Grizzlys that were imported in the 50`s
    Attached Images Attached Images Portuguese Junked Sherman 

Nuno have you checked,some times things get over looked ie the 2 ww1 uboats in the medway in kent.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    Nuno have you checked,some times things get over looked ie the 2 ww1 uboats in the medway in kent.
    No Harry, i havent..... but i will, this Tuesday.

well done.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    well done.
    I had the honor of being invited by the Army to visit their storage depot in Entroncamento, the visit is this Tuesday.
    With the purpose of photograph some Japanese anti aircraft gun they have in storage. And ill take a tour and look around.
    Hopefully i can see these two.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Portuguese Junked Sherman  

about 40 grizzly's were imported from Portugal to England in the early eighties by a chap called ian McGregor, they were unloaded at Southampton docks and could be bought in running condition for £7500, so many were brought over that there was no market for a few that remained unsold and these were bought by the army for target practice. some of them survived and were later recovered from the ranges and preserved, the one shown in the first pic was one of these. the other was not quite so lucky
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Portuguese Junked Sherman   Portuguese Junked Sherman  

I'm thinking That one might be a tough restoration project...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I'm thinking That one might be a tough restoration project...
    Come on William, it's nothing that a couple of dozen buckets of bondo wouldn't fix!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by eddy8men View Post
    about 40 grizzly's were imported from Portugal to England in the early eighties by a chap called ian McGregor, they were unloaded at Southampton docks and could be bought in running condition for £7500, so many were brought over that there was no market for a few that remained unsold and these were bought by the army for target practice. some of them survived and were later recovered from the ranges and preserved, the one shown in the first pic was one of these. the other was not quite so lucky
    Eddymen is that training area Warcop??..Cheers Terry

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Come on William, it's nothing that a couple of dozen buckets of bondo wouldn't fix!
    Maybe some touch up paint and a good tune-up too....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast