Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

tank versions based on the sherman

Article about: Hi, here is my contribution to the thread with a couple of photos i found of other sherman based tanks. Best Regards Nuno

Default tank versions based on the sherman

Hi, here is my contribution to the thread with a couple of photos i found of other sherman based tanks.
    Best Regards
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture tank versions based on the sherman   tank versions based on the sherman  

tank versions based on the sherman  

Default Re: tank versions based on the sherman

hi all
    the first picture is a sexton artillery gun ,built in canada and based on the ram tank chassis, used by british and commonwealth forces and very similar to the american m7 priest.the sexton used the 25 pounder gun and was considered an excellent artillery piece ,and used by many countries after the war including portugal,there are many sexton restorations underway that originated from the portugese army there's also one for sale now with marcus glenn for a reasonable £25k for anyone that wants a "tank".
    the second picture i don't know but at a guess i would say it was based on the american stuart tank chassis and is probably a high speed tractor for artillery.

hope you all enjoy easter holiday

eddy

Quote by eddy8men View Post
    hi all
    the first picture is a sexton artillery gun ,built in canada and based on the ram tank chassis, used by british and commonwealth forces and very similar to the american m7 priest.the sexton used the 25 pounder gun and was considered an excellent artillery piece ,and used by many countries after the war including portugal,there are many sexton restorations underway that originated from the portugese army there's also one for sale now with marcus glenn for a reasonable £25k for anyone that wants a "tank".
    the second picture i don't know but at a guess i would say it was based on the american stuart tank chassis and is probably a high speed tractor for artillery.

hope you all enjoy easter holiday

eddy
    Hi, about the sexton, there are still a lot of them left to rust in St. Margarida Base(unfortunately)
    Best regards
    Nuno

hi nuno
    have you seen these sextons yourself. i'm looking for some ww2 armour to restore and a sexton would be a good place to start,any pics would be appreciated and hey if i get one i'll let you drive it !!

thanks eddy

hi nuno
    have you seen these sextons yourself. i'm looking for some ww2 armour to restore and a sexton would be a good place to start,any pics would be appreciated and hey if i get one i'll let you drive it !!

thanks eddy
    Hi, iv only seen a couple photos that some guy took there, he said that were about 30 of them, alongside with jeeps, trucks, old patton tanks, helicopters, St Margarida base is the biggest military depot in portugal.

thanks nuno
    i'll take a fly over on google earth and see if i can pick up anything interesting.

thanks again

eddy

thanks nuno
    i'll take a fly over on google earth and see if i can pick up anything interesting.

thanks again

eddy
    Sure, no problem,since iv never been there, let me know what you can find
    Best regards
    Nuno

hi nuno
    i'm having trouble finding the right area to search santa margarida, can you tell me which region it's in.
    thanks eddy

alcochete

thanks nuno.