Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US M13 periscope

Article about: Hi all. Have had this Minnesota-made M13 periscope for awhile; am curious if the grenade stencil is a proof mark or a unit mark. Any help is appreciated! Are these all WWII era? Definite it

Default US M13 periscope

Hi all. Have had this Minnesota-made M13 periscope for awhile; am curious if the grenade stencil is a proof mark or a unit mark. Any help is appreciated!

Are these all WWII era? Definite it came out of Sherman or were these used widely in different types of armour?

Thanks so much.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M13 periscope   US M13 periscope  

US M13 periscope   US M13 periscope  

The 'flaming bomb' as it's known is a U.S. property stamp. You see it on a wide variety of equipment, as well as on British rifles and pistols produced under the Lend-Lease agreement. As for where this periscope was used, I'm afraid I can't help. Having a single design that could be applied universally would make sense from a manufacturing standpoint.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    The 'flaming bomb' as it's known is a U.S. property stamp. You see it on a wide variety of equipment, as well as on British rifles and pistols produced under the Lend-Lease agreement. As for where this periscope was used, I'm afraid I can't help. Having a single design that could be applied universally would make sense from a manufacturing standpoint.

Regards, B.B.
    Thanks BB, I figured it was one of the two haha allies/us is not my realm so I appreciate the info!

I find it amazing how technology goes round in circles, in this age of technology, drones etc, the British infantry have started carrying periscopes again! Grated probably a bight ligter and more reobust than this example, but still.