Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Article: Manufacturer and LDO markings

Article about: You can view the page at http://warrelics.eu/forum/content.ph...d-LDO-markings

?

Default Article: Manufacturer and LDO markings

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Article: Manufacturer and LDO markings
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Article: Manufacturer and LDO markings

Hello Guys Im just a tad confused about all these numbers & names.. LDO what is that???.Because I have number 26 EK1 in a LDO box??.... I know I need to buy a book on the subject but Im stuck in the middle of the desert at the moment.. So thank you for your time!! Cheers Terry.

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    Hello Guys Im just a tad confused about all these numbers & names.. LDO what is that???.Because I have number 26 EK1 in a LDO box??.... I know I need to buy a book on the subject but Im stuck in the middle of the desert at the moment.. So thank you for your time!! Cheers Terry.
    Hello Terry,

I'm new to this forum and my English is not that good, but maybe I can answer your question to some extent:

"LDO" is the German shortage for "Leistungsgemeinschaft Deutscher Ordenshersteller".

Unfortunately I dont know the exact term for "Leistungsgemeinschaft" yet, but my rough translation "Task force of German medal-manufacturers" should give you an idea what it's all about.

About the numbers: I'm dealing with this for the first time, but as far as I learned by now, it can be that you got your EK1 from the manufacturer 26 (B. H. Mayer's Kunstprägeanstalt, Pforzheim) with a case produced by another manufacturer of the LDO, or an "all-inclusive-package" from manufacturer L/26 (Klein & Quenzer, Oberstein/Nahe) who produced the medal itself and the case as well.

But as mentioned before: I'm new to this, please correct me, if I'm wrong!

Hope I could help and greetings from Germany,

Martin

audiophile4life
    ?

This really very confusing. And I still can't find any info on ww2 German ink stamps.

MAP
    ?

Quote by audiophile4life View Post
    This really very confusing. And I still can't find any info on ww2 German ink stamps.
    Welcome Audiophile. In order for the forum members to be able to provide some help, could you be a bit more specific. What type of ink stamping are you looking to know more about?

Do you have a photo that you could provide?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)