MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Soviet jacket

Article about: Today i visited a friend of a friend. He has this jacket he say is from 1943 or '47. Supposed to be NKVD. I do not think he is right. The piping on the sleeves is red and not raspberry. The

?

Default Unknown Soviet jacket

Today i visited a friend of a friend. He has this jacket he say is from 1943 or '47. Supposed to be NKVD. I do not think he is right. The piping on the sleeves is red and not raspberry. The inner pocket button hook seems to me to be made of synthetic material. I am not an expert on these items at all. Can anybody identify this jacket? It is dark blue. It has no stamps or maker marks what so ever. Btw, he at sometime sew on Wehrmacht buttons....

Unknown Soviet jacketUnknown Soviet jacketUnknown Soviet jacketUnknown Soviet jacketUnknown Soviet jacketUnknown Soviet jacketUnknown Soviet jacketUnknown Soviet jacketUnknown Soviet jacketUnknown Soviet jacketUnknown Soviet jacket

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown Soviet jacket
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unknown Soviet jacket

I would not swear to it, as the color of the picture isn't the best (not your fault, just the way it is), but it looks to me to be an East German enlisted dress uniform jacket. It is certainly possible that some Soviet personnel ended up being issued DDR gear, but...

The buttons more than the color, and the general cut cause me to lean toward German, and the general shade causes me to say probably DDR.

Boridin