Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1936 Pattern Verwundetenabzeichen (Condor Legion) in Schwarz

Article about: Hello All, this war weary chap came along with a small collection of LW related Afrika Korps stuff. It was caked with a heavy deposit of whitish coloured mud.... It came from a vet pick up s

Default 1936 Pattern Verwundetenabzeichen (Condor Legion) in Schwarz

Hello All,
    this war weary chap came along with a small collection of LW related Afrika Korps stuff.
    It was caked with a heavy deposit of whitish coloured mud....
    It came from a vet pick up so it was a nice find possibly lost somewhere in Africa or Tunisia.

A gentle rub with a toothbrush revealed some surprising details.
    What I thought was that it was a black grade badge that had been painted over a brass base. It certainly looked like a brass badge but it is in fact magnetic.

Weight is very light coming in at 7.23 grams

I know this is considered as a 'first type' or 'Legion Condor' badge but I prefer to refer to this type as the 1936 pattern

Comment or opinions welcomed

All the best
    Doug

1936 Pattern Verwundetenabzeichen (Condor Legion) in Schwarz1936 Pattern Verwundetenabzeichen (Condor Legion) in Schwarz1936 Pattern Verwundetenabzeichen (Condor Legion) in Schwarz1936 Pattern Verwundetenabzeichen (Condor Legion) in Schwarz1936 Pattern Verwundetenabzeichen (Condor Legion) in Schwarz
    Last edited by rbminis; 09-13-2015 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1936 Pattern Verwundetenabzeichen (Condor Legion) in Schwarz
    P
    Many

I like it. I am very fond of these badges.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

nice find.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I like it. I am very fond of these badges.
    Thanks for the input Adrian
    I like these wound badges as well but this is only the second one (I think) that I have had out of British vet collections.

Thanks Harry

All the best
    Doug