Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

1st pattern Verwundetenabzeichen in schwarz

Article about: Hi militaria fans, Picked up this 1st pattern Verwundetenabzeichen the other week, what drew me to it was the sharpness & quality of the detail i feel sure that it is original although t

Default 1st pattern Verwundetenabzeichen in schwarz

Hi militaria fans, Picked up this 1st pattern Verwundetenabzeichen the other week, what drew me to it was the sharpness & quality of the detail i feel sure that it is original although there are no apparent makers marks .Feel free to correct me if im wrong, I also see on this & other forums on the net that it could also be what is known as a "Condor Legion" wound badge thou i'm not sure how you would tell the differance. As always i look forward to the forum's informed opinions,Cheers,Paul

1st pattern Verwundetenabzeichen in schwarz1st pattern Verwundetenabzeichen in schwarz1st pattern Verwundetenabzeichen in schwarz1st pattern Verwundetenabzeichen in schwarz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st pattern Verwundetenabzeichen in schwarz
    P
    Many

Hi Paul, I am no expert on these, but as far as I have read about these. These models were identical to those used in WWI. This is a black wound Badge awarded to those from the Condor Legion who took part in the Spanish Civil War. Think that black ones as yours were the only ones that were hollow. As for its authenticity, I will not be able to assess that I am afraid. Wait for other colleagues opinions, Best Regards, Juan

A nice original example, well done!
    cheers,Glenn

Agreed-a nice example. I like how the owner polished the black off of the swastika-it gives it a great look.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks Guys for confirming my thoughts on originallity, I guess then that there is no differance between the 182 black badges awarded to wounded vets from the Spanish civil war & the badge awarded for the wounded of the invasion of Poland (pre M35 helmet type) any thoughts folks, thanks as always ,Paul

Hi Paul,
    I think everything has been said it looks a nice crisp wound badge.
    It comes in 3 different guises it can be called as you mention the 'Condor Legion' thr 'Type 1' or first type and the '1936 Pattern' wound badge.
    To me as there would without provinence be no way you could assume it was ever issued to anybody in the Condor Legion I just call them the type '36

The paint looks immaculate for an 80 year old badge have you done the old acetone (nail varnish remover) test in an obscure area on it?
    If you look closely at the helmet on the obverse there appears to be indications that the original paint layer has been overpainted.

All the best
    Doug

1st pattern Verwundetenabzeichen in schwarz

Thanks Doug, i reckon you've confirmed my thoughts on type & issue.No i havn't been at the acetone ( i much prefer Vodka) it is as i bought it & jolly pleased i am with it. Cheers again,Paul thanks again all that replied