Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

3 black wound badges

Article about: Hi,here are 3 wound badges the one in the middle ade already helped me out on but the other two are new to my collection and the end badge has numbers on the pin part its hard to read it i w

?

Default 3 black wound badges

Hi,here are 3 wound badges the one in the middle ade already helped me out on but the other two are new to my collection and the end badge has numbers on the pin part its hard to read it i will try latter but as of now cant make it out and my camera will not let me get a good picture of it?thanks maybe by looks someone could tell the maker?thanks everyone....pammy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 black wound badges   3 black wound badges  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 black wound badges
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 3 black wound badges

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 black wound badges   3 black wound badges  

?

the back,,the end one looks different in color like copper?my best gusse is the first two are brass and the last copper?never seen that color as i searched but my serchin isnot that good,like my typing....i think it has L 54 ON THE PIN..ITS HARD TO READ. I NEED OPINIONS ALSO,WITCH ONE SHOULD I KEEP?I MEEN IF THESE WERE YOUR AND YOU HAD TO SELL ONE WITCH ONE WOULD IT BE?THANKS....PAMMY
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 black wound badges  
    Last edited by pammy; 05-03-2010 at 03:41 AM.

Pammy, I like the one with the best/most finish. ( Bottom left, in the photo of the backs.)

But why sell any of them ?

Regards, Steve.

?

Thanks steve,how have you been?nice to here you post again ,,. I DONT KNOW MAYBE I SHOULD KEEP THEM ALL SINCE THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT..

These are all nice earlier issues badges being made of "Tombak"; basically this is brass and will vary in colour from maker to maker.

I would keep them all, as I love wound badges most of all.

Collectors tend to like items with the most finish on them, but maker marked examples are also considered desirable by some.

Cheers, Ade.

I agree with Ade, keep them they are all nice badges

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I WOULD NOT SELL THEM, as you might regret it in the future, when your collection grows, you may want to add more varients, of the medals, badges you have, and these are nice badges, and they may cost you more, in the future to replace...

The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one.