Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aluminum Verwundetenaubzeichen

Article about: Here's an unmarked aluminium hollow black wound badge with tombak rear set up. It weighs a mere 6.2gr.

G43
    ?

Default Aluminum Verwundetenaubzeichen

Hello all,

I was at the Allentown gun show yesterday. I visited my favorite dealer and he showed me a "rare" piece that he claims is a genuine silver wound badge made of aluminum! I have never seen or heard of this. It was a solid badge with very nice details and neat hinge and catch attachments. It was indeed lighter than the average solid back wound and it appeared to have no finish but just the natural slightly shinny aluminum tone to it. I have no pictures, but if he does not sell it today, the last show day, I will request photos. Have any of you ever heard of such a piece? It is unmarked also. He wants $250 USD for it. Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Aluminum Verwundetenaubzeichen
    P
    Many

no.and way over the top.

Don't like the sound of it!....

G43
    ?

Thank you both for your opinions.

G43
    ?

Could it be a private purchase example?

Quote by G43 View Post
    Could it be a private purchase example?
    I would think if it were, it would be made from real silver, not aluminum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

G43
    ?

Thanks Ralph, but I was thinking more along the lines of sending the originally awarded version being sent home and using the private made aluminum example as the everyday "field wear" example.

Quote by G43 View Post
    Thanks Ralph, but I was thinking more along the lines of sending the originally awarded version being sent home and using the private made aluminum example as the everyday "field wear" example.
    IMHO, I think that is unlikely. I still feel that if someone were going to pay to have a private purchase example made, it would likely be made by a jeweler and from real silver.
    Besides, never heard of one made from aluminum before.
    Here is a thread on some of my wound badges.
    Ralph.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/verwu...n-date-243372/
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I am with the other guys. I wouldn't trust it.

Aluminium wound badges are out there. The ones i've seen are Imperial and also type 1 and 2 TR badges, but all of these have been of the hollow variety, not solid, and the hardware is tombak. All are unmarked barring one type that has 'GM' on the hardware plate, again the maker is unknown.

There are however also both hollow and solid TR badges i'm aware of that are made from Cupal. Sometimes these have the copper coating/foil on both sides, and sometimes just one, in my experience the obverse side. The only solid Cupal badge that I can think of is the very rare maker marked L/12 (C.E.Juncker) in gold or silver. The last one I saw of those for sale was advertised for $200 back in December 2010, I remember it because it went within 4 minutes of being put up on GCA sales!! Here's the photo's I lifted of it at the time.

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images Aluminum Verwundetenaubzeichen  Aluminum Verwundetenaubzeichen  Aluminum Verwundetenaubzeichen 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast