Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The best DESIGNED Third Reich award.

Article about: I always drool over a nice, minty DKiG!

?

Default The best DESIGNED Third Reich award.

Ladies and Gents,
    I would be interested in hearing your opinions on the best DESIGNED Third Reich award. The decorations of the era were unique and for the most part wonderfully designed badges and medals so which do you think is the best?
    I would like to hear your thoughts on which one and why. Please use your heads and not your hearts, the best designed doesn't mean it has to be your favourite and there are decorations which have to be excluded such as the EK, the Verwundetenabzeichen and the U-Boots Kriegsabzeichen for example as they are variations of previously instituted awards. I'm talking specifically TR instituted.
    There is no right or wrong answer as everyone will have a differing opinion and viewpoint so please, make your choice and state your thoughts behind it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The best DESIGNED Third Reich award.
    P
    Many

Default Re: The best DESIGNED Third Reich award.

I hope I am reading the question correctly, but here goes nothing...

In general I think that the whole combat badge system was perfect. It allowed commanders to determine the level of experience of a particular soldier with one glance, which is a much harder thing to do with a serviceman of most other nations.

Now to be specific, I think that the Schwerin minensuch kriegsabzeichen in tombak is the best of them all. Aesthetically they are beautiful in that they are symmetrical, detailed, well-made, and unique in that they used three different colors. I don't like the badges with horizontal pin setups as I could see how they would get annoying.

the motherscross because (hopefully without sounding sexist) it was the only award that women were awarded with even though they made a sacrifice too

tom

Spanish cross, I have never owned one, but always thought they look great.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    ...which have to be excluded such as the EK...

Well, then my choice is the Ostmedal. The eagle with swas looks great and the eagle is not flat, but 3D.

Regards

?

I will go with talltom on this one. Mutterkreuz was my fist thought. Wonderful design. Nice lines and good color combination.

The most beautiful and proditious award to me was "THE GERMAN NATIONAL PRIZE FOR ART & SCIENCE 1937-1945" This award is featured in Foreman's 2nd edition pages # 179& 180.I have a replica of this incredible award and the silk sash and rosette was one of the items in Hermanns Historical auction#51.I have a list that is in Littlejohn & Dodkins early book on the men such as Messerschmidt and Porche and a few others who were awarded this beautiful award.Just my opinion! Carl

I prefer the German Cross in Gold; nice medal and a multi part construction. The "sunrays" on the medal looks great.

SS long service award 25 years. Love the design.

Tho it's waaay out of my budget....

And also the Retired Pilots Badge.

what an interesting question!!

my own personal fave would be the pilot ovservers badge with diamonds (of course)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast