Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can someone help identify this badge please?

Article about: That would be good, then at least we can see which branch of service he was in and go from there.

Default Can someone help identify this badge please?

Hi guys!

These photos show two items that were awarded to an uncle of mine, the Wound Badge in silver, and this other one that I can not find any infomation on. The last photo shows the badge close up. Can someone tell what it is please.

Many thanks.

Can someone help identify this badge please?Can someone help identify this badge please?Can someone help identify this badge please?Can someone help identify this badge please?Can someone help identify this badge please?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can someone help identify this badge please?
    P
    Many

Red face Re: Can someone help identify this badge please?

this is a bit of info on the badge if i found the right one....check out the link on the bottom i think the discription is for that badge

GLIDER PILOTS' BADGE (LW-SEGELFLUGZEUGFUHRERABZEICHEN)

The Glider Pilot's Badge was instituted on December 16, 1940, and awarded to those having obtained the military glider pilot's certificate. The wreath and swastika were in silver and the eagle was black or in tarnished silver. It could be worn only on a Wehrmacht or NSFK uniform. The embroidered version has the wreath in aluminum wire, the swastika in bright (silver) wire, and the eagle in grey for officers.

German Militaria Blog: Flyer's Badges of the Luftwaffe

?

Default Re: Can someone help identify this badge please?

Quote by lee edwards View Post
    this is a bit of info on the badge if i found the right one....check out the link on the bottom i think the discription is for that badge

FLYER'S COMMEMORATIVE BADGE '(FLIEGERERINNERUNGS ABZEICHEN) This badge was awarded to all flying personel (including parachute troops) who had been relieved of all air crew duties, World War I pilots with at least four years service, plus other personnel with at least fifteen years service time. This commemorative badge was also extended to those crippled by an air-associated accident and to the next-of-kin in case of a flying accident resulting in death. The oakleave wreath was in silver with a polished swastika and the eagle sitting on a boulder was in tarnished silver.

German Militaria Blog: Flyer's Badges of the Luftwaffe
    No, the badge is actually a Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen or Glider Pilots badge.
    This is a very rare and sought after badge and is one most collectors would like to own. Please post some good, clear close up shots of it please in good light against a plain background.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    No, the badge is actually a Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen or Glider Poilots badge.
    This is a very rare and sought after badge and is one most collectors would like to own. Please post some good, clear close up shots of it please in good light against a plain background.
    yep i just had another quick search and come up with the glider badge.........i got mixed up with the numbering of the pics and the discriptions on that link..never mind all sorted now

?

Can you let us know his name or if there is any more history known about the recipient? Do you have any other items relating to him?

Thanks for the info guys, you have been a great help. The two decorations belonged to an uncle of mine, the eldest of three brothers. He got his orders to join up, and was attending a Cadet Officers establishment in Chemnitz, I think it was. He was with artillery, and sent to the front around the Leningrad area. {As a child, I thought that I was told he was at Stalingrad, but I suppose I only really knew that name, and so grew up with the wrong information.} It was at the front that he got seriously wounded, hence the Wound badge in silver. He later died of his injuries, and his mother was sent his personal effects. When she died, those items went to my fathers younger brother. Now that he has sadly passed away, the badges have been handed to my father. I will try to find out some more info, but not for a few days, my father is not too well at the moment.

I have attached some more close up photos of the badge as requested, hope that this helps with some more info.

Cheers.

Rudi.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can someone help identify this badge please?   Can someone help identify this badge please?  

Can someone help identify this badge please?   Can someone help identify this badge please?  

Last edited by Adrian; 09-09-2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Photos re-orientated.

?

Thanks for the additional pics and information Rudi. So can you confirm that your Uncle was in the Heer and not the Luftwaffe?

Hi again Adrian, I always thought him to be army {Heer}, but the Luftwaffe badge threw me when I saw it. I will have to find out more info, but as I said, my dad is non too well at the moment. The only real "connection" I had with this uncle was seeing photos of him, that was until I got to hold his decorations in my hand. Now I want to find out more about this man.

I will get back to you when I can.

Rudi

?

Hi Rudi,
    Thank you for your replies. Please don't bother your Dad until he is well again. Can you post any photos of your uncle, was he in uniform in them?
    I've asked a very well known Glider Pilot badge collector to take a look here as well so hopefully he will and can give his opinions too.

Cheers Adrian, I look forward to hearing what this friend of yours has to say.

There is at least one photo of my uncle in uniform, I will see if I can borrow the photo to scan it, and will post on here.

Rudi.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast