Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First German medals! Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" and Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz

Article about: The Ost ribbon is original. Whether it's original to the medal no-one can tell. Don't forget a medal will show more signs of deterioration than a ribbon in the wrong conditions.

?

Default First German medals! Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" and Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz

Hello all,

Just wanted to show some pictures of my first German medal acquisitions. I bought the Ost medal to go with the 1942 feldpost from the eastern front that I bought recently.

What would be the next step from here?

First German medals! Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" and Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in SchwarzFirst German medals! Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" and Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in SchwarzFirst German medals! Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" and Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in SchwarzFirst German medals! Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" and Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in SchwarzFirst German medals! Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" and Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First German medals! Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" and Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz
    P
    Many

Default re: First German medals! Medaille

They look fine.

Just buy what interests you and makes you happy.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: First German medals! Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" and Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz

Congrats, they are nice original items !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Default Re: First German medals! Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" and Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz

Good original pieces. As Ade says, the next step is entirely up to you and is down to what you want to buy, what you'll look at and put a smile on your face.

Don't forget to keep the different awards in seperate threads.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Sorry

Hi

Great additions!

Cameron

Nice work!! Keep it up.Don't forget that when you go for your next purchase(especially if it's expensive) to post images before you buy if it is at all possible and let us all "run the rule"over the item.The more feedback you can get from experienced(long in the tooth in some cases! Ha Ha)collectors the better.Always best to get a second,third and forth opinion these days as there are so many fakes out there i'm sorry to say.

Great stuff, congrats

How about a nice EK2? That would fit nicely IMO.

Just go crazy!

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Nice work!! Keep it up.Don't forget that when you go for your next purchase(especially if it's expensive) to post images before you buy if it is at all possible and let us all "run the rule"over the item.The more feedback you can get from experienced(long in the tooth in some cases! Ha Ha)collectors the better.Always best to get a second,third and forth opinion these days as there are so many fakes out there i'm sorry to say.
    Thanks Fallschirmjager, I would if I was a little unsure, but I was pretty confident the dealer was legit. I wouldn't have lost a great deal of money even if they weren't anyway.

I think the ribbon on the ost medal is post war, as it is in pretty good condition compared to the medal itself.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Great stuff, congrats

How about a nice EK2? That would fit nicely IMO.
    I have thought about an EK2 and nearly bought one. I think because I can, with very little trouble, find one for a reasonable price it's a lower priority item for me.

I'm now tempted to build an ost front collection, as I've already got a number of soviet awards. One thing that has caught my eye are the campaign shields and maybe some actual relics...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast