Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gold Verwundetenabzeichen.

Article about: hi guys here to bug you again, can anyone tell me if this the correct pin set up for a hollow back gold. I don't know if i should take a wee chance on it or not. sorry for the bad pictures t

Default Gold Verwundetenabzeichen.

hi guys here to bug you again, can anyone tell me if this the correct pin set up for a hollow back gold. I don't know if i should take a wee chance on it or not.
    sorry for the bad pictures thier not mine.
    thanks in advance Rod
    Gold Verwundetenabzeichen.Gold Verwundetenabzeichen.
    Last edited by Adrian; 12-22-2011 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gold Verwundetenabzeichen.
    P
    Many

Default Re: gold wound badge

It is a black badge that has lost most of its paint coating or the paint was purposely removed to deceive.
    Only black badges have hollow backs. Silver & Gold badges are solid backed.
    Tom

as tom said black wound badges are hollow ones i think close ups are needed (or at least better pictures) does anyone know if there sholud be a overhang on the back that big??

It looks like a good one to me.
    Tom

Thanks guys I kinda thought they were meant to be solid . that was one of the reasons i posted it. I was hoping it was gold.
    I think i will give it a miss, i also think the guy thinks its worth a small fortune he was wanting me to give him a offer, theirs better blacks ones about and i have two already.
    Again thanks for your replies
    Rod

a good source would be jamiecross militaria they sometimes have a good selection at reasonable prices

I had the same problem at one stage with this one being offered as gold, but just a black with paint removed and polished.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gold Verwundetenabzeichen.   Gold Verwundetenabzeichen.  

Default Re: Gold Verwundetenabzeichen.

It is a Black wound badge.But by the end of the war they were used for Gold wound badge.
    There is no way to know for sure if this was one of them.
    But I like the solid gold wound badge myself.
    Chris

Some collectors believe there were such things as hollow silver and gold WBs, but the debate has never been settled.
    Towards the end of the war some soldiers were awarded the silver and gold grades in the field and they tended to be stripped and painted black grades.
    The badge in this thread looks to be a black grade

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

If you want an original gold or silver badge, get a solid backed badge. I see no point paying alot of money for a stripped black grade on the off chance it might have been awarded as a gold. It can never be proved so why take the chance?
    A black badge with no paint is exactly what it says on the tin!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast