Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with gold & silver Verwundetenabzeichen

Article about: Looking to add these 2 to my (growing) collection and would like your opinions. The are marked 43, which I beieve is Julius Bauer. They have the earlier fat pin, and look good to me, but I a

?

Default Help with gold & silver Verwundetenabzeichen

Looking to add these 2 to my (growing) collection and would like your opinions. The are marked 43, which I beieve is Julius Bauer. They have the earlier fat pin, and look good to me, but I await your opinions.

Help with gold & silver VerwundetenabzeichenHelp with gold & silver VerwundetenabzeichenHelp with gold & silver Verwundetenabzeichen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with gold & silver Verwundetenabzeichen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help with gold & silver Verwundetenabzeichen

They look OK to me, how much is the seller asking?

They look good to me too !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

These two badges seem to have been doing the rounds as a pair for five years at least! They were deemed fake on WAF and are the only '43' marked badges I've been able to find. I'm not at all convinced Bauer made Verwundetenabzeichen due to the lack of badges discussed anywhere.
    Here are some photos of these exact same badges......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with gold & silver Verwundetenabzeichen   Help with gold & silver Verwundetenabzeichen  

Help with gold & silver Verwundetenabzeichen  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yes I have seen the heated discussion on the WAF over this maker ! Either a fake or a newly discovered maker ?! I have to say the quality looks good !

Here is another one

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with gold & silver Verwundetenabzeichen  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

The seller is asking $400 the pair. They do look nice though! Is there anything specific that raises suspicion, apart from the maker?

?

They were shown on WAF five years ago as the same pair, I searched for this maker's Verwundetenabzeichen and these two were the only examples that came to light. Did this maker make these badges? Can anyone show a genuine Bauer made badge?
    Looks can be deceiving, just because they look good doesn't make them original - ask anyone whose bought a fake Ritterkreuz because it looked good! Who is the seller?

?

They have 'serg' in their email title and sell in Coalinga, CA if that helps. Not sure if I am allowed to post direct links, but here goes: German Military Medals

?

I would advise caution, as I said earlier, I'm not at all convinced this maker produced Verwundetenabzeichen. There are many of these badges out there, you can find guaranteed originals very easily, I wouldn't risk it.
    No-one as yet can provide any other images of badges by Bauer - that should tell a story........

I would take Adrian's good advice and pass on them.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast