Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

hollow gold verwundetenabzeichen....please comments are welcom !!!!

Article about: maybay i will buy thise one ,but not so sure if its real for me its a tricky one , seller guarantee is a good one and very rare variant. gr andreas

I remember reading that late war or field conversions were done, but without a known history you could never tell when it was done and if it was a period original.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by Anon View Post
    I remember reading that late war or field conversions were done, but without a known history you could never tell when it was done and if it was a period original.
    If the badge were steel maybe, but tombak was no longer used after 1943 due to material shortages, and the LDO/PKZ forbid the manufacture of hollow zinc badges IIRC.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    If the badge were steel maybe, but tombak was no longer used after 1943 due to material shortages, and the LDO/PKZ forbid the manufacture of hollow zinc badges IIRC.
    I will check to see if mine is magnetic when I get home later. It is marked L/11.
    Gold L/11 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I see what you mean Ned,they used a lighter shade of gold though.

Here some info I got directly from the a vet.
    Gold hallow back were given in the eastern front but they were black before the paint was removed.
    This was done because of supply chain problem ,this was not priority item.
    I have keep his gold hallow wound in memory of him.
    chris

Personally, I would pass on this one out of caution...as you would face the same scrutiny if/when you decide to sell it later, and might have a difficult time recouping your investment...I agree with Jerry that there were late-war hollow gold badges...I've read that Deschler may have produced them as well, but in this case it's a risk I wouldn't feel comfortable making...I suggest waiting on a solid Gold "30"-marked badge...they're out there...
    cheers,Glenn

I may be swung if anyone can show a proven genuine hollow gold verwundetenabzeichen of any type of material that is in as exceptional,almost mint condition as this one is. And i'm betting you'll have to pay a pretty penny for the opportunity to find out whether this one's the real deal......Just don't moan if it turns out to be a piece of crap.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

This is the only Gold I've got...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 516.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	721114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 515.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	721115  

Quote by big ned View Post
    I may be swung if anyone can show a proven genuine hollow gold verwundetenabzeichen of any type of material that is in as exceptional,almost mint condition as this one is. And i'm betting you'll have to pay a pretty penny for the opportunity to find out whether this one's the real deal......Just don't moan if it turns out to be a piece of crap.
    As I posted Ned, you really would need a solid history to be sold one of these. The thread starter does look to be a stripped brass example, not one I would buy as an original period conversion, unless my previous comment applied.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Even before this whole discussion has been posted, I would not buy the original one as a gold. I am sure that it is a stripped and repainted black one.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast