Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I have an issue with the medal shown below

Article about: Okay ... here's the short version. I forgot my anniversary and was hoping to get out of the dog house, so i went and picked up a few WWII German medals/badges or what have you. Anyway i foun

Default I have an issue with the medal shown below

Okay ... here's the short version. I forgot my anniversary and was hoping to get out of the dog house, so i went and picked up a few WWII German medals/badges or what have you. Anyway i found some did a quick internet search on my phone and could identify 3 out of the 4 in the case. It wasn't that expensive so i took the chance anyway. I did get out of the dog house, but now all i can think about is the "one" i can't identify, and that is really bugging the crap out of me. If its fantasy then so be it (i'm 75% sure it is), if it's not even better. either way i just need to know.

The bottom 3 i figured out, however it is the top one that bothers me (close up pic included). sorry about the glare, they are already in a case.

P.S. sorry i put this in the wrong category
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I have an issue with the medal shown below   I have an issue with the medal shown below  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I have an issue with the medal shown below
    P
    Many

Default Re: I have an issue with the medal shown below

Hi Sugar, welcome to the forum

I believe the first item to be fantasy.

Any chance of some close up shots of the other three ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I have an issue with the medal shown belowI have an issue with the medal shown belowI have an issue with the medal shown below here's the best i can do with no glare from the glass. I can tell the backings on 2 of them have been replaced.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I have to agree with Nick that it is a poorly made fantasy item, it resembles the Star of the Grand Cross of the Iron Cross. Having a look at the other items you brought they also appear to be poorly cast fakes although the pith helmet shield may stand a chance but better close up pictures may confirm my opinions.
    Thanks, Glen.

hard to know what i am seeing... whether it's artifact due to glare etc... but the EK looks smooth around the inner border as though there is no beading present. the Erdkampfabzeichen looks like, without the glare, one might conclude it's cast as mentioned. i am not sure what i am seeing behind it. there is something going on with the hardware perhaps.

the pith shield i don't want to comment on.

my feeling is the news would not get better with better pictures.

just my opinion.

Well even if they are fakes only paid 10$ for the lot, so i'm not worried about that. Just glad to know that i was correct in knowing that it's fantasy. Now that I've done more homework on this i can be better prepared and know what to look for.

Thank you all for you'r quick responses.

Nichole

Will try and get better close up photo's soon ... it maybe sometime tomorrow before that happens.

?

Welcome to the forum Nichole,

Unfortunately, the pieces shown above all appear to be replica/fantasy items. None display the high level of detail present in period examples.

I am glad that you only paid out a small amount, as many folk are caught out by these pieces, especially early on in their collecting days. For future reference, whenever possible, always post photographs on the forum before you buy an item. Somebody on here will be along soon enough to help you out.

Regards,

Carl

All fakes.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Hi Nichole and welcome.

Unfortunately you might still be in the dog house as all the items you've bought are fake. The starburst award is definitely a fantasy design. I would advise you to go back to the seller and get your money back as soon as possible.

If you still need to get yourself back on non dog house terms we will be pleased to help point you in the right direction for some original and genuine items.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast