Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Indentifying this Verwundentenabzeichen 20 juli 1944

Article about: Dear forum experts, I would really value your opinion on this 20 juli 1944 badge. I believe it is a fake, I would very much value your expert opinions! Sincerely, Frank

Default Indentifying this Verwundentenabzeichen 20 juli 1944

Dear forum experts,

I would really value your opinion on this 20 juli 1944 badge. I believe it is a fake, I would very much value your expert opinions!

Sincerely,
    Frank

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Indentifying this Verwundentenabzeichen 20 juli 1944
    P
    Many

Your assumption is correct, a fake for sure.

/Jonas

Thank you Jonas! What are the most obvious parts? The pin on the back? And no marking?

Quote by DDayNormandy1944 View Post
    Thank you Jonas! What are the most obvious parts? The pin on the back? And no marking?
    One really doesn't have to focus on any details.The lack of quality in all aspects is what gives it away, starting with the material it is made of.

Thank you so much HPL! Much appreciated, it appears I was right! Yes! :-)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    One really doesn't have to focus any details.The lack of quality in all aspects is what gives it away, starting with the material it is made of.
    I thought the wobbly swords and the pin on the back is in no way consistent with the book about them.

Sure. It's a one-looker fake.

Originals were hand-finished, fine-quality badges manufactured to high standards by the renowned C.E. Juncker company.

All three grades of the Badge were made of silver. The helmet/swords, the laurel wreath and the reverse side were finished differentely for the three grades (respectively blackened, patinized with blackened details or gilt).

These are exceedingly rare badges. As I understand it, only twenty-four '20 Juli 1944' badges were awarded, to the twenty survivors of the attempt on Hitler's life, and posthumously to the four men who were killed or died shortly thereafter.

More may have been made. I do not know. I've never had a very in-depth knowledge of any given area. Regardless, this is one I would approach with an extreme amount of skepticism.

Regards, B.B.

Default Thanks HPL

I truly appreciate your expertsim! Is it true they were only awarded for those who were wounded by the failed bomb assasination attack by Stauffenberg on Hitler in the Wolf’s Lair?

Thank you!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Sure. It's a one-looker fake.

Originals were hand-finished, fine-quality badges manufactured to high standards by the renowned C.E. Juncker company.

All three grades of the Badge were made of silver. The helmet/swords, the laurel wreath and the reverse side were finished differentely for the three grades (respectively blackened, patinized with blackened details or gilt).

Thank you for your valued opinion B.B. Much appreciated!

Frank

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    These are exceedingly rare badges. As I understand it, only twenty-four '20 Juli 1944' badges were awarded, to the twenty survivors of the attempt on Hitler's life, and posthumously to the four men who were killed or died shortly thereafter.

More may have been made. I do not know. I've never had a very in-depth knowledge of any given area. Regardless, this is one I would approach with an extreme amount of skepticism.

Regards, B.B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast