Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Legion Condor Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber

Article about: Hey guys, I bought this vwa a couple days ago with some doubt in my mind. But when I finally had this piece in my hand I got pretty sure that this one is not original. The hook and catch do

Default Legion Condor Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber

Hey guys,

I bought this vwa a couple days ago with some doubt in my mind. But when I finally had this piece in my hand I got pretty sure that this one is not original. The hook and catch do not appear on any original pieces as far as I know, the material looks to be Tombak with a silver finish but on closer in inspection and the use of a magnet it turned out to be steel...I Know steel versions exist but I have only seen black condor badges made out of steel. Even though this is a hollow badge it feels extremely light in hand. I hope some of you are more experienced with these condor badges and might be able to help me. Could it be a cupal piece......? But it is magnetic.
    Thanks in advance!

regards, JobLegion Condor Verwundetenabzeichen in SilberLegion Condor Verwundetenabzeichen in SilberLegion Condor Verwundetenabzeichen in SilberLegion Condor Verwundetenabzeichen in SilberLegion Condor Verwundetenabzeichen in SilberLegion Condor Verwundetenabzeichen in SilberLegion Condor Verwundetenabzeichen in SilberLegion Condor Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber
    Last edited by rbminis; 03-15-2017 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Legion Condor Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber
    P
    Many

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sorry guys, Should have written Verwundetenabzeichen in full.

MAP
    ?

Here is an example of a silver coated brass (or tombak) Black wound badge. The obverse is completely different but the reverse hardware looks similar. I do know know these awards all that well so all I can show you is a legit example and not provide much insight on yours.

Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

At the risk of raising a few hackles I will give my observations. I have two of this style, both plain & cutout but supposedly Imperial. The cutout having the same hardware as the OP's badge. As Job has stated the badges are ridiculously flimsy & lightweight. If you have a good look you will see that there is a total absence of berries at the 10 o'clock position under the left sword tip. I am constantly on the internet scrounge looking for badges & this style pops up regularly, often with less than convincing, I dare say contrived patina. One example, supposedly magnetic, had what appeared to be badly applied fake verdigris. The two that I basically purchased on a whim have been consigned to the "shoebox of shame" as I will not put them in the display. Others may disagree but I have a strong gut feeling that these are no good & actually having them in hand reinforces the fact for me.

Regards
    Brett

Thanks for your help MAP and Brett. The badge MAP shows does have the normal setup on the back, this one is different than mine. The hinge on my badge is a bit smaller.
    The absence of berries at 10 o`clock is not completely true. If you look close there is one berry, but in the pictures it seems almost invisible.
    Could you post the 2 examples you have Brett?

Regards, Job

CBH
    ?

Here are a couple photos of my silver example , let me add it non-magnetic and weights 12 grams , my WWI Black Wound badge only 9 grams . It's might be hard to make out in these photos but the lower catch comes strait out of the badge unlike your example . However mine is bent from being stepped on in a dumpster but thats another story .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Legion Condor Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber   Legion Condor Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber  

Thanks Chris, I notice a lot differences. The lack of berries compared to yours(as Brett stated), my badge appears to be smaller as yours has a bigger swastika, helmet hole and the swords do not touch the leaves. The link to Michael his vwa makes it pretty clear the detail of the one I posted is inferior.
    The lack of 1 berry seems to be a maker thing, but the lack of the other 2 berries seems not.

Verwundete abzeichen condor legion
    The only similar piece I could find, It has 2 berries missing as well.
    I took a good look at my piece again and noticed that it does indd look similar to cupal badges . A very thin copper plate with a steel plate behind it(not aluminum).
    There appears to be something written/marked in the helmet. This looks like 09....

?

Hello Job
    Unfortunately I do not have the means to take decent photographs & my computer skills are rudimentary to say the least. However the two badges that I have are a perfect match for your example. The link that you supplied shows the same style of badge. As I said previously, these are just my observations & in hand impressions regarding this badge & nothing set in stone. Personally I am not comfortable with this type, but each to their own.

Regards
    Brett