Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Legion of Condor WB

Article about: Hello people. I have a question for you. Lately I'm interested in Wound badges... Don't worry, I'm not gonna ask about the 20 July 1944 badges but for the Legion of Condor ones. I read onlin

Default Legion of Condor WB

Hello people.

I have a question for you. Lately I'm interested in Wound badges... Don't worry, I'm not gonna ask about the 20 July 1944 badges but for the Legion of Condor ones.

I read online that "only 182 black badges and 1 silver badge were awarded after the civil war" and that troubles me.
    Does the author mean that these badges were awarded for actions after the civil war or for actions during the civil war?

If the latter case is true then these badges should be ultra rare yet I find many of them on sale and even silver ones.

I think the author means that X number was attributed for participation in the Spanish civil war and later these 183 were given before the institution of the WW2 WB as we know it.

Or is it the case that many more than 183 were manufactured but never awarded and were later found as stock?

Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Legion of Condor WB
    P
    Many

Hi Mike, my understanding is that the 183 Condor legion wound badges were issued for wounds sustained during the Spanish civil war, however this pattern became Known as the 1st pattern wound badge that was also awarded for wounds sustained in Poland & France until supplys of the new badge featuring the M35 helmet became available ,Regards ,Paul
    Last edited by paulscoot; 09-02-2017 at 11:21 PM.

CBH
    ?

Only 182 were issued for actions in the Spanish Civil War.

The 1936/39 pattern were issued as late as 1942, from pre-war stocks.

I'm covered! Thanks guys!!!

CBH
    ?

Thought I'd include a photo of my WB's , my 1936/36 is on the bottom row.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Legion of Condor WB   Legion of Condor WB  

lovely collection! I'm getting there but slowly!

CBH
    ?

Here are a couple of close-ups.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Legion of Condor WB   Legion of Condor WB  

?

I have a stick pin version of the first pattern badge. You can see the difference in detail and size.

Legion of Condor WBLegion of Condor WB

MAP
    ?

Very nice stick pins Aldo.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)