Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

LQQK! - FAKE ALERT! - Legion Condor Wound Badge

Article about: Hello All, CAVEAT EMPTOR! Attached you will find photos of the obverse and reverse (in photo of reverses of other badges) of what I believe to be a known FAKE of the Spanish Legion Condor Wo

Luther
    ?

Default LQQK! - FAKE ALERT! - Legion Condor Wound Badge

Hello All,

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Attached you will find photos of the obverse and reverse (in photo of reverses of other badges) of what I believe to be a known FAKE of the Spanish Legion Condor Wound Badge.

There is an outfit on-line called PiecesofHistory.com that is trying to pass them off as authentic Third Reich period items. Also, they've got NSFK, DDAC, and other scarce-to-rare, high-end, desirable badges posted. Virtually all of them look questionable.

It appears that the screw back plate has been "aged" via application of chemical agents to make it oxidize and have a nice, mildly crusty film form. The screw back is not "clam shell" or "pointed ray." It is smooth.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LQQK! - FAKE ALERT! - Legion Condor Wound Badge  
    Attached Images Attached Images LQQK! - FAKE ALERT! - Legion Condor Wound Badge 

2. # ADS

jh92
    ?

Default Re: LQQK! - FAKE ALERT! - Legion Condor Wound Badge

Thanks for the info, this is why I dont buy wwii collectibles off the internet.

Lowell Jackson out of Cave Creek has quite the reputation (AKA Pieces of history). As far as purchasing on the internet, it is no different than buying something in person. Either way, you have to know what you are buying. I have actually made one or two good purchases from individuals on the net who didn't have a clue as to what they had; I benefited from that because I had done my research and scored some very good deals.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Luther
    ?

Hello Steven M,

Knowledge is power where any collectible is concerned.

I don't know Lowell Jackson, but I can tell you this - there are no "rips" on that website. My own two eyes tell me that what he has on that site just ain't right. Just look at the perfect "enamel" on almost every badge. It's like walking into a glass showroom!

Virtually everything there started out as brand-new reproductions, and then everything was given the cosmetic treatment.

C'mon, what dealer - whose been in the business as long as Lowell Jackson - gives away a screw-back Legion Condor Wound Badge for $165?...or difficult to find NSFK badges for $85 when they can sell all of them all day long for 2X, and probably 3X those amounts?

Shame, for shame...

This hobby ain't easy if you want to be successful at it.

I have made dozens of purchases over the internet and to date, have not been scammed yet, knock on wood. As has already been noted, do your home work, and if the price is too good to be true, ask alot of questions, because it probably is too good to be true. No wisdom in these comments, just common sense.

Jay

I have made dozens of purchases over the internet and to date, have only been scammed once. I got the bait and switch pulled on me. The guy listed an original beautiful Spanish Blue Division medal and sent me this cheat replica. Really hard to tell this isn't real. Hope I meet up with this guy in a dark alley some day so i can get my money back. As has already been noted, do your home work, and if the price is too good to be true, ask alot of questions, because it probably is too good to be true. No wisdom in these comments, just common sense.

Jay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LQQK! - FAKE ALERT! - Legion Condor Wound Badge  

Lowell Jackson sold Pieces of History in late 2010 and the new owner no longer sells his collectibles.