Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My 1st Pattern 1939 Pattern Wound Badge in Silver

Article about: Hello, Here is my cased 1st pattern 1939 wound badge in silver. Regards, Jody

?

Thumbs up My 1st Pattern 1939 Pattern Wound Badge in Silver

Hello,
    Here is my cased 1st pattern 1939 wound badge in silver.

Regards,
    Jody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 1st Pattern 1939 Pattern Wound Badge in Silver   My 1st Pattern 1939 Pattern Wound Badge in Silver  

My 1st Pattern 1939 Pattern Wound Badge in Silver   My 1st Pattern 1939 Pattern Wound Badge in Silver  

My 1st Pattern 1939 Pattern Wound Badge in Silver   My 1st Pattern 1939 Pattern Wound Badge in Silver  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My 1st Pattern 1939 Pattern Wound Badge in Silver
    P
    Many

Man, I need sunglasses to look at it!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

So that is what a silver wound badge looks like with all its finish. OUTSTANDING!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Hello,
    It is a minty badge and Stonemint was with me when I bought it. First pattern wound badges in this condition are tough to find.

Jody

?

So who is the Maker of that fine specimen?
    One more question. How do you tell the difference between a 1st pattern and a 2nd pattern?

SF
    Phil

2nd pattern:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 1st Pattern 1939 Pattern Wound Badge in Silver  
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks Steve!. Just so i'm seeing this right. The first pattern uses the WW1 type pattern with the addition if the Hakenkreuz????

SF
    Phil

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Thanks Steve!. Just so i'm seeing this right. The first pattern uses the WW1 type pattern with the addition if the Hakenkreuz????

SF
    Phil
    Hi Phil,
    Yes it does. I do not know these maker of these pieces. They are actually not solid, they have a back plate soldered to the reverse (that is why I showed the side views). These show up in early Legion Condor groupings and in early photos of wound badge winners (1939/40). I guess they were using left over stock.

Regards,
    Jody