Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Need help 1944 Wounded Badge

Article about: The Badge I haven silver is over size to the correct one, this one is 46.16mm X 38.30mm could this one be a type 2 have been made by C.E.Junckers in the 1960s

Welcome to the forum dear Aussie! I did not even know this award existed so now I have learned something again. Thank you for that

When I searched for "verwundetenabzeichen 20 juli 1944" I found some items which I think is good on big auction houses, but dont trust the big dealers just because they are big and famous! They all can make mistakes. But you can always compare their items to yours

And if the award was made in the 1960's it would not have a swastika on it. (If it's not a fake)

The soldiers in Germany could turn in their awards (some of them?) from the war and have "legit" ones to wear without the swastika since the symbol was banned. I dont know if this applied for all awards?

Here you have some info about the Wound Badge of 20 July 1944
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wound_Badge

It was only given out to 24 men so it's pretty rare

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20 July Wound badge - Black - Jodl Alfred - Generaloberst - LR - Ailsby.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	229.1 KB 
ID:	951514A very bad copy. The 1960 Junckers are nice fillers but again hard to find

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    The soldiers in Germany could turn in their awards (some of them?) from the war and have "legit" ones to wear without the swastika since the symbol was banned. I dont know if this applied for all awards?
    Not all of them. All badges and decorations of the NSDAP and its various organisations remained banned, as were those related to the establishment and consolidation of the Nazi state and all achievement badges.

The "regular" wound badge (in the denazified 1957er version) was among the re-permitted ones, but the 20 July 1944 wound badge remained banned and cannot be worn in any form.

(Also, the wartime awards were not turned in and replaced; the recipients had to purchase their 1957er awards from the manufacturers/retailers at their own expense.)

?

Quote by colt45 View Post
    they make some nice copys
    This isn't one of them!

Regards
    Brett
    "I wish life could be Swedish magazines" Iggy Pop, 1979

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12